White Gen 1 Spotted; Calico Ghost Town 01-31-09

OzX

Adventurer
White Gen 1 Spotted; Calico Ghost Town 01-31-09

DSC_1448.jpg

DSC_1449.jpg

Thought someone here would know who's truck this is. Has KM2s on the front and KMs on the rear

Last edited:

sealbeachbum

Hey guys. I just joined your forum. A friend pointed out that they saw my Xterra on here. Glad I found you guys! Anyway, it's my X pictured above. I've put 160,000 hard milies on it exploring the mountains and deserts of the Southwest and it's still going strong!

65059169_XP2F6-M.jpg

Here I am in Ballarat the day I bought my sticker.

Wild Bill

BlackX

Adventurer
Welcome SealBeachBum. I was with the group that took the picture of your truck that day in Calico. Looks great!

proto

Adventurer
Your ride looks 'adventursome'! I like the marine gas container up top (is that what it is?) Do you just run the fuel hose down to the truck's gas filler? Any problems with venting/leaks?

sealbeachbum

Your ride looks 'adventursome'! I like the marine gas container up top (is that what it is?) Do you just run the fuel hose down to the truck's gas filler? Any problems with venting/leaks?
Yes it is a marine gas tank. I was coming home from a trip one day and saw a Jeep Cherokee with that setup and thought "what a great idea"! I bought it at West Marine. I just run the hose down to my filler and sqweeze the bulb pump a couple of times. Real easy! No problems at all. It sure beats pulling a heavy 5 gal can off the roof and pouring it in the way I used to do it!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
ahh well there you go... i thougt we might have had an ex aussie on our hands
Nah mate, most of usare trying to move there, why would you ever leave? ;)
Neat looking X, wonder about the tires though??? Has anyone heard of/seen this set-up before???

Cheers

Dave

sealbeachbum

wonder about the tires though???

Haha! There's no secret here, just circumstance. My ball joints were shot and I waited too long to fix it so I ruined my front tires. My rear tires were fine so I only needed to replace the front ones. I had a previous generation on there and when I bought the new front tires only the newer generation were available. It looks a litte funny but it works. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan