White Rim Trail / Canyonlands NP / 100 & 61 Land Cruisers / TRDOR 4Runner

jadmt

ignore button user
I did it last November and this December and incredible time to run it. Cold at night but perfect once the sun pops out. We did elephant hill in July and that was good time even tho it was hot. Nobody on the trails which is nice.

Eric K

Observer
I actually just posted a day or two ago asking about this trail, so these videos were very helpful. I am going to be there in March, looking forward to it.

Bhill_teq

I did it last November and this December and incredible time to run it. Cold at night but perfect once the sun pops out. We did elephant hill in July and that was good time even tho it was hot. Nobody on the trails which is nice.
I actually just posted a day or two ago asking about this trail, so these videos were very helpful. I am going to be there in March, looking forward to it.
Oh good! Let me know if you have any logistical questions! I have done it a few times, and am happy to help with anything. You're going to absolutely love it.

Superduty

Adventurer
What would you say is the longest vehicle that would be comfortable to drive on this trail?

Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed? From the video, the trail doesn't look difficult, but some of the turns do look tight and would be multi point turns in a crew cab long bed - it looks like there is space to make multi point turns.

CTDJeeperman

I've done the entire White Rim twice (clockwise) in a Ram MegaCab 3500 (which has a wheelbase almost as long as an 8' bed F350). The trail is technically very easy and you're truck will fit just fine. The only place you'll have to probably multi point is on Hardscrabble on the west side. As long as your F350 is a SRW you'll be fine. I would NOT drive a dually on the trail. It will not fit.

Bhill_teq

What would you say is the longest vehicle that would be comfortable to drive on this trail?

Ford F350 Crew Cab Long Bed? From the video, the trail doesn't look difficult, but some of the turns do look tight and would be multi point turns in a crew cab long bed - it looks like there is space to make multi point turns.
The trail is nice and open, shouldn't have a problem!
I've done the entire White Rim twice (clockwise) in a Ram MegaCab 3500 (which has a wheelbase almost as long as an 8' bed F350). The trail is technically very easy and you're truck will fit just fine. The only place you'll have to probably multi point is on Hardscrabble on the west side. As long as your F350 is a SRW you'll be fine. I would NOT drive a dually on the trail. It will not fit.
Hardscrabble for sure is the only tighter place, that caters to the short/medium wheel base rigs. I have seen two Power Wagons, and a few F350's, one with a 4 Wheel Camper. Should be fine!

biedron

Someone on a photography forum I frequent was asking about issues with mice entering vehicles parked overnight on the White Rim Trail. Anyone have a problem? He's got a permit for sometime in August. I think heat is going to be the bigger issue...

Thanks

Bob

Bhill_teq

Someone on a photography forum I frequent was asking about issues with mice entering vehicles parked overnight on the White Rim Trail. Anyone have a problem? He's got a permit for sometime in August. I think heat is going to be the bigger issue...

Thanks

Bob
I've done the White Rim in February, and August, and neither time did we encounter this. I have heard of it happening though! Heat in August will definitely be the biggest issue. Take lots of water, and bring shade, because there isn't any to be found.

biedron

I've done the White Rim in February, and August, and neither time did we encounter this. I have heard of it happening though! Heat in August will definitely be the biggest issue. Take lots of water, and bring shade, because there isn't any to be found.

Thanks for the info. I’ll pass it along

jadmt

ignore button user

Thanks

Bob
I have done it in December and November and June and yes those rodents (I think they are kangaroo rats) are a nuisance and have gotten into our vehicles. they also steel food and one actually built a nest in my buddies air box and had carried some chips ahoys cookies that we had into his airbox. I worry they will chew the wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears