who daily drives there rovers?

rover4x4

Adventurer
I spent a number of years with only my Defender, about 6. I picked up a Classic a couple of years ago and relied on it quite a bit. Now I generally ride my bike or drive a Civic these days.

jrose609

Explorer
Timing is critical on a Tdi, more so than the fuelling settings on the pump itself. A 3/8" (9.5mm) drill bit works well as a timing pump locking tool, and you can then visually inspect the flywheel locking slot through the tapping in the bottom of the flywheel casing.

People tend to forget that injectors clog and wear. I think their replacement interval is 72,000 miles, though I may be out on that figure. They do, however, have a replacement schedule due to wear of the nozzle and pin and need more frequent cleaning to get rid of coking deposits.

Thanks, Snagger. Guess a timing check would be in order.

The injectors though. Interesting. Didn't think about them. I had a Ford power stroke, and the injectors were rebuilt by a local company. Can Land Rover injectors be rebuilt? Or just easier to buy new ones?

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
I now drive an 06 LR3 every day. I have been driving LRs daily since 2002 when we bought our first LR - a 96 D1 (I miss her, hell I miss all of them). Since then I have owned 7 LRs, and 6 of them were daily drivers. The only garage queen was my 1991 RR that I sold last August. That was a mistake selling her, I'm now trying to track her back down...LOL! We'll see.

JackW

Explorer
Prefer driving this most of the time although we do have a Honda CRV transportation appliance that the wife likes better since its easier to get in and out of (and she says the Land Rover smells)

Been driving Land Rovers since 1972

Once I get the restoration finished on this I'll probably drive it most of the time

And this one is also waiting for a restoration to get started

Last edited:

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
DD (minus 1 year) since I bought my first one in '74.

And Jack, no, I don't have any of me with it during my hippie days.:victory:

discotdi

Adventurer
Jrose I bought new Bosch injectors from Paddock in the UK for pretty cheap. Fit the 300tdi not the 200. I don't remember the price now, it was last year but I think less than $200 shipped. Don't forget to order new washers too.

Whoops! Err3339 68GBP each,:(

Last edited:

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I DD my 91 RRC Hunter about 75 miles round trip. The gas is still cheaper than a car payment :D Plus I like driving the RRC, but I think I may need to fix the a/c soon....

spikemd

Explorer
2001 Range Rover

2001 P38 Range Rover SE daily driver 75% of the time. The other 25% is my BMW 318 with M3 motor.

Tough to stomach the gas mileage with increasing fuel costs, but I view it as insurance. With three young kids, I want to be in a tank and it can take us anywhere. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle