Who has fallen out of their rtt

sassy gopher

This is my biggest concern. Nature calls in the middle of the night. Your half asleep trying to negotiate down a ladder and boom. Let's hear your stories

Glorybigs

Adventurer
Large Gatorade bottle or my personal favorite is the large mouth coorslight cans with the screw on tops.

molson-coors-widemouth-bottles600.jpg

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
This is my biggest concern. Nature calls in the middle of the night. Your half asleep trying to negotiate down a ladder and boom. Let's hear your stories

LOL...nope never had an issue. You're pretty awake when you have to go, especially when the cold hits your face outside of the tent.

Just fyi. Lots of folks use a special container (even girls) to go number 1 up in the tent. Number 2 - yup, you're goin' for a walk.

Of the many nights I've spent in a RTT, honestly, if I don't have a ton to drink before sleep, it's really not an issue...

XJINTX

Explorer
Who's going to admit they did anyway ;) :)

ditto: Gatorade bottle and I use in my OZ which I'm not afraid of falling out ;)

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
I have a buddy who has a lifted blazer with a cot semi installed in the back. He also has a long funnel with a hose going through the floor. He just rolls over and let it go. Funny thread, bet no one will fess up?

sassy gopher

When I solo camped I did the bottle trick but my girlfriend is not too keen on my reliving my self next to her. I tried to argue next is Better than on but lost.

RangeBrover

Explorer
I unfortunately witnessed a guy during the VOT just stick his junk out the fly and pee out of his roof top tent while laying on his side. It was pretty hilarious but considering how much beer we drank I wouldn't have wanted to get up either.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Plastic bicycle bottle, mounted to the wall. Has worked for over 15 years with no problems.
wife is not into it, but it has happened. Being older, near 70 we are very careful with the ladder. She hates the roof top tent, so have no used that trailer in years. Need to sell it.

We have a teardrop that allows for her porta potty, and my bottle. Has worked for the last 5 years. Very few trips outside once we are in. But did put a second door on the trailers due to this situation.

But you can work around anything, being out there is what is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle