WHO HAS MADE THEIR OWN PANELS?

Look at Henkels/Loctite UR 8431 and the other 843X series of moisture-cured polyurethanes. I spoke with Styromax in AU several years ago, one of their larger manufacturers, and they were using a similar Henkels product. It was 2 part poly not available in North America. After speaking with Henkels tech for some time they spec'd the UR series of polyurethanes for XPS to FRP. According to Veterosina, an FRP manufacture located in Europe and the US, this is one of the most widely used adhesive types for those type panels.
This product pours out easily and can be hand trowelled or metered and rolled out. The caveat with them is they require pressure during the setting time. We had a 10'x20' vacuum table that we used for our panel construction. I'm sure you get adequate pressure with weighting as well for small runs.
Henkels/Loctite tech support is super helpful.
FYI talk with the folks at Veterosina for FRP, their products are light years ahead of "filon." Plus they offer dozens of weights and finishes.
When I google Veterosina, the only result is this thread. Do you have any more info?

I didn’t even try. I had a timeline change and didn’t want to bother them knowing that I wouldn’t be purchasing for a long time. However in reading on the portal I found another fellow that build his shell with their panels and their recommended epoxy and was very impressed with their customer service. He quoted the price per square foot in his thread, and that was a couple years ago. I’m curious to know current market price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulya

I didn’t even try. I had a timeline change and didn’t want to bother them knowing that I wouldn’t be purchasing for a long time. However in reading on the portal I found another fellow that build his shell with their panels and their recommended epoxy and was very impressed with their customer service. He quoted the price per square foot in his thread, and that was a couple years ago. I’m curious to know current market price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
do you have a link to that thread?

I am currently considering my options for building a habitation box

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12