Who is using vectors dash mount

nnnnnate

Adventurer
The review on the Vector spare tire mount reminded me of this product.

I called Vector on Friday to ask if they had any updates on the full length dash mount for 2011-current JK's. Previously they had announced that they were working on a design to use some mounts under the dash, the same ones used in this proof of concept. I had talked to them a while back and it didn't feel real promising that it would actually be released. I was headed out on a trip though and thought I'd ask if they had any new info. I was told that they would be adding the new version to their website for EJS and that it ought to be up about April 15th or so.

When I talked to them earlier in the year I was told that they would not recommend hanging a tablet from the current short version. I hope that this new one makes it to market and that it will work for what I want it to do (navigation with a Nexus 7 primarily, also ham radio detail.) The guy I talked to on Friday said the price would be the same as the earlier years model at $129.99. I'm looking forward to this and just thought I'd share the info.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am getting the short one, but im using the padholdr for my tablet because I want it mounted low and out of my windshield view. I will use the edock to mount my camera, Inreach and other doodads.

Septu

Explorer
Not the Vdock (which I'll likely get as well at some point) - but received this in the mail yesterday. Mounted the nexus ram mount to it (empty)... didn't move at all while driving to work. The old setup I had, it would vibrate a move just a tad (even when empty).

Quite happy with it.

10157287_10151962759842595_786183468_n.jpg

Vector OffRoad

Supporting Sponsor
Our longer version of the 11+ E-dock should be on our website sometime the week of 4/21/14. Pricing will run $129.99.

bluehash

Adventurer
Here are some pictures. I use it for my CB and Baofeng. Planning to add a windows tablet to it. I missed out on the long version.. but it looks like it will hold.

GPw5tBBl.jpg

kojackJKU

I was going to use the pad holdr, but after too many reports of bouncing and weak mounts im going with the E -dock LONG and some ram mounts.

Septu

Explorer
I picked up a used one this week. Just waiting for it to arrive (~2 weeks). However I won't be using it for my tablet as I have the CMM Grab Bar w/ RAM Mount.

kojackJKU

Im going to mount my tablet, gps, phone and trail camera on it. the bigger unit will help with all that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179