Who makes the 17" rims for ISUZU NPS truck?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I don't know who actually manufactures them, but both ATW and AAV sell 17" rims.
I believe both companies do rims for Fuso and Isuzu.

Ultimark

Well I don't know who actually manufactures the rims, so I went outside and took a picture and this is what is stamped on my rims.

Edit: the load rating for these rims is 1950kg, which on the current NPS 75/155 restricts the GVM to 7000kg, down from the chassis build GVM of 7500kg.

ATW_Rim_IMG_20210127_193312.jpg

IcedVolvo

Observer
Well I don't know who actually manufactures the rims, so I went outside and took a picture and this is what is stamped on my rims.

Edit: the load rating for these rims is 1950kg, which on the current NPS 75/155 restricts the GVM to 7000kg, down from the chassis build GVM of 7500kg.

View attachment 638979
Thanks for that info , my ATW scout is only 4250kg so I dont have any weight issues at all .

that is an All Terrain Warrior rim (hence the ATW) so it looks like they are making them themselves .. I will have to ring them to see how much they are .. I want to swap from my 19.5s down to 17" ... the 19.5 are better on tar, dirt and 4WD roads but I'm doing a lot of sand driving and want a wider profile tyre .. the 19.5 are 285 but in the 17s I can get the equivalent of 320 albeit in a smaller diameter ...

thanks again

Ultimark

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ATW Scout?

If you are doing a lot of sand, going wider may or may not be the best option. In another life using military vehicles, narrower tyres with a big radius and quite lowered pressure, was a slightly better proposition than fat(ter) smaller radius tyres. The main requirement was to have big sidewalls that enabled one to air down considerably, a long tread footprint coupled with narrowish tyres was mostly better than fatter units.

Our tyres are 37" units, the tread is 340mm wide and when aired down they elongate wonderfully and the truck pretty much floats over deep dry sand as though it doesn't exist. That said, I haven't had that much sand driving with this combination so far.

My money is on Mullins Wheels in South Australia manufacturing the wheels for ATW, but I could be very wrong.

IcedVolvo

Observer
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ATW Scout?

If you are doing a lot of sand, going wider may or may not be the best option. In another life using military vehicles, narrower tyres with a big radius and quite lowered pressure, was a slightly better proposition than fat(ter) smaller radius tyres. The main requirement was to have big sidewalls that enabled one to air down considerably, a long tread footprint coupled with narrowish tyres was mostly better than fatter units.

Our tyres are 37" units, the tread is 340mm wide and when aired down they elongate wonderfully and the truck pretty much floats over deep dry sand as though it doesn't exist. That said, I haven't had that much sand driving with this combination so far.

My money is on Mullins Wheels in South Australia manufacturing the wheels for ATW, but I could be very wrong.

Thanks for that ... my truck is comparatively light at 4250kg so it should glide over sand ....

I'm not sure that the 17s are all that smaller as they have a much taller sidewall so I think about the same rolling diameter and I do air my 19.5s down to ~20psi on sand but I do worry about rolling off a rim ... the extra 60mm of the 17s may help but also the talle sidewall ..

I can get a 305 in the 19.5 but its a heck of a big tyre and there may be some body fouling on full extension ... there is already a little with the 285s

but that's not the main problem .. while the 19.5 are better on all sorts of roads and for off road 4WD stuff and last a heck of a lot longer (70k+) there are only about 3 tyres for the 19.5 rims and they can be very hard to get whereas I can get a 20 different ones for the 17" rims. I can't get a mud tyre for the 19.5s for example whereas i can get 6 for the 17's ... so its swings and roundabouts ....

And I am guessing you are correct about Mullins ... I only know 3 manufacturers in Aus: Titan (my wheels), Alcoa (alloys only) and Mullins!

The Scout was the original ATW vehicle ... I have attached a pic ... I did a lot of the testing for ATW on parabolic suspension and shocks etc ... truck_s.jpg

yabanja

Explorer
I bought my 17' rims from www.goannatrack.com.au I believe they are the manufacturer for atw. I am very happy with the 17" size. I run all terrains and have found them to significantly outperform the 19.5" toyo tires in muddy conditions when aired down. The 37" diameter is great for increasing the gearing so I can roar down the highway at 80mph(on the flats of course!)

Take care and see you in the hills!

Allan

Reactions: mog

IcedVolvo

Observer
Thanks for that guys, appreciated ...

goannatracks website doesn't exist anymore but a quick search leads to trucksupersingles.com.au ... they appear to be the same people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78