Who needs a 4WD when...

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
With regret we had to leave the beautiful view and continue our journey. Windows down, air blowing in your face, beautiful weather and smiles on our face. Life was good.
Out of the blue, we came across another road side gem. We stopped at this roadside vegetable stand for some fresh fruit, a cool ice cream treat and a browse at the potted plants they had growing. They had some Jalapenos, Habaneras, Chilli and a few others I can't recall growing. The plants were just 15" - 20" tall but had lots of potential. I'll have to have a go at growing some of these and test my gardening skills. I was eating my ice cream as fast as I could because it was melting when I found a few other cool plant bearing edible goodies.

A Persea americana tree, more commonly known as avocado. How cool is that?
IMG_2077.jpg

Right next to it was this gem, a Citrus limon tree or better know as a lemon tree. Note no fruit were injured or otherwise damaged, that lemon was lying on the ground when I got there!
IMG_2078.jpg

I'm really enjoying all the surprises we had today. Life is good. :victory:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Time to hit the road again. This time we were heading to Beerwah before turning South into Glass House Mountains, the village. Nothing overly eventfull on this leg of the journey except seeing some very nice rigs on their way home after a weekend camping. No pictures, but we followed a kitted out 80 series with an off road trailer following along, a tricked out Nissan Patrol Ute, a clean 60 series and to top it all of an older LandRover (60's era I believe).

On our way to a look out point in the Glass House Mountains we came accross more interesting signs. Ever wonder why many Australian rigs have snorkels on them? Well this may help with the answer, because in many areas of the country it's a necessity.

Common signs on the side of the road:
IMG_2084.jpg

Followed by this one in the trouble areas:
IMG_2085.jpg

Note that this one was only up to 1m, but in many places I've seen them as high as 3m!

Once we reached the lookout, we were greated by stunning views of the Glass House Mountains. A parting shot of Coonowrin crying with his head hanging...

IMG_2080.jpg

We finished the day with some great noodle bowl take away in Lawnton Park located on the outskirts of Strathpine. We had nearly reached the end of our journey with the Bomb. In fact, she had grown on us and were starting to feel sad she had to go back... I sure hope the next person gets to enjoy 600 Km's of fun with her as well. :safari-rig:

jim65wagon

Way Cool! Looks like you've found an interesting place to move to. It's on our to do list of places to visit. They don't have lizards in Canada do they? We've got a few interesting ones in VA, which is something the kids never got to see in PA. Neat place P!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
What a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee. Thanks Pierre! You're an excellent story teller. That photo of you and Martha at the waterfall is fantastic. :)

kcowyo

ExPo Original
:iagree:

Forgive me for being stuck somewhere between being happy for you two and insanely jealous. I hope you'll rub it in often. ;)

Please share with us, more of the Aboriginal Dream Time stories. I eat that stuff up.

Best to you two in your new home and LC search - :campfire:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
They don't have lizards in Canada do they?

We do have the odd lizard but nothing like here. They are just all over the place. I enjoy seeing them arround because it's different.

What a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning with a cup of coffee. Thanks Pierre! You're an excellent story teller. That photo of you and Martha at the waterfall is fantastic. :)

Gracias amigo!

Forgive me for being stuck somewhere between being happy for you two and insanely jealous. I hope you'll rub it in often. ;)

Please share with us, more of the Aboriginal Dream Time stories. I eat that stuff up.

Best to you two in your new home and LC search - :campfire:

Funny how that feeling is mutual. Often I read about your adventures and wish I could be following allong. The Aboriginal Dream Time stories are very interesting. Funny enough the first one I heard was compliments of Billy Connolly on his World Tour of New Zealand DVD (free from the library) on how New Zealan was created! :Wow1:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
P, this is awesome. I'm so happy for you two. I don't know how I missed this thread until now.

Oh, and congrats on the new LC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12