Who's made the change from compact pickup/suv to full size?

ttravis5446

Adventurer
I have been on both sides of the fence. I have gone from older Toyota's to Full size and back several times (3 or 4 Toyotas and 4 Fords, along with 1 Full Size Jeep Pickup). I think I have automotive ADD and can't hardly keep a vehicle for more than two years. I am generally happiest the longest in a full size. You couldn't pay me to go back to a small truck from my current '00 F250 with a 7.3L and a 6 Spd. My only gripe is that it is 1 inch too long to fit in my garage with the door closed.

east_tn_81

Adventurer
I have gone from a 85 Extra cab to a 04 Extra cab Ranger to a 06 Extra Cab F150. The Ranger was great it had all the little things I wanted in a truck, vinyl floors cloth seats plenty of of power to weight ratio. It also had good stock ground clearnce. It was nice for smaller trails it got decent mpgs. The need for a full size truck out weighed the Rangers ability.

The full size gives me tons of storage allows me to drag around kids dogs boats. The mpgs is a little worse but I haul so much more these days. I just cannot imagine going back to a compact.

junglecaptn

I just got a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie, quad cab, with Ram Box the end of the year and after the purchase decided I wanted to do some mild to moderate off roading on occasion. Normally it is a daily driver. It has the air suspension so I can raise it couple of inches in the Offroad II mode. What I didn't get were the front tow hook option so looking at adding that. The other mod will be AT tires to run when not using it as my daily driver. Not sure I need a front bumper with winch or not? Will be doing easter part of the TAT at least including some CO mtn. passes. May do remainder with my WR250r. I am looking for suggestions as to what else I should consider other than the tires and front tow hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78