Why do you have a trailer?

kai38

Explorer
I like having the trailer to put the RTT on, I don't have to fold up the tent every morning if I'm going out wheeling (if it was on the roof). I can haul every thing I need to camp in comfort.

TOTH%20DAY%203%20%2814%29.JPG

TOTH%20DAY%203%20%287%29.JPG

Last edited:

Feileod

Observer
My M101 CDN2 has earned its spot in the stable. Two hurricane evacs, giant ice cooler for "beverages" at our wedding reception, one move, countless trips to the store, hauling trash, and of course camping! I enjoy the ability to roll into camp pick a spot, drop the trailer and go wheel'n. I have owned my TJ for ten years and my family has grown to fill all four seats, so in most cases the trailer is essential to most outings. Plus, I like cooking standing up!

IMGP1448.jpg

IMGP1451.jpg

Last edited:

Runt

Adventurer
For me .......quick take off time. Every thing is in the trailer and ready to go. My kids take up most of the room in the FJC so I need stuff to go in the trailer. I'm not comfortable with my girls in a tent on the ground 15 feet from a fire where I'm usually at during the night……bears around here are plentiful. Need to carry the future ex wife’s :wings:fishing boat.

Feileod

Observer
Yeah, really.
How is that attached and what sort of rack setup do you have on there?

thanks,
Jason

I am glad you like it. It is a homemade setup using pretty common components and a little wood work. I don't want to high jack this thread so I will start a new one. Give me a day or two and I will post a full write up on how its put together.

The rack is all Thule components that a scrounged from Ebay. The Cargo carrier is a well loved Sear model.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Let me ponder that question while I sip my espresso made from freshly ground beans, nibble on my peach cobbler that was baked in our Dutch oven, recline in our oversized camp chairs, warm our feet by the fire that was fueled by the firewood we hauled in, after having spent a comfy night's sleep off the ground in a tent with a 10 foot high ceiling...

100_3809.jpg

100_3818.jpg

100_3754.jpg

Always ready.

red_5

Adventurer
A) Quick/easy for camping trips. Keep the trailer loaded up and ready to go except for perishables. Load up the chow, hook up, and away!

B) Zombies! :yikes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior