Why doesn't anybody make a small truck with a 6.5 foot bed?

Clutch

<---Pass
Out of curiosity went looking for forced induction gas pickups that came from the factory.

1984 Subaru Brat Turbo 93HP/??TQ (wow!) 2004 Baja Turbo 210HP/235TQ (not really a BOF pickup...but they do have a bed and AWD)

1985 Toyota Pickup Turbo 135HP/173TQ

1991 GMC Cyclone Turbo 260HP/350TQ

1999/*2001 Ford Lightening Super Charger 360HP/440TQ - *380HP/450TQ

2003 Nissan Frontier Super Charger 210HP/240TQ

This ad is pretty funny given what is going on today. 135HP watch out!

85turbopickup.jpg

bkg

Explorer
Jeff Mosk, if I remember the name correctly, has an amazing 300hp 22rte in a stock 86 reg can pickup. Impressive build on 4x4wire close to 20 years ago

Clutch

<---Pass
Jeff Mosk, if I remember the name correctly, has an amazing 300hp 22rte in a stock 86 reg can pickup. Impressive build on 4x4wire close to 20 years ago

Went digging and found his blog. That is impressive.

https://people.well.com/user/mosk/blogger.html

And people say Toyota isn't innovative. First company [to my knowledge] from the factory to put a turbo on a gas engine in a BOF truck. Ford simply stole the idea from them! ha ha! But it is an earth shattering game changer when Ford does it... :p Nothing new here folks. Just our memories are foggy.

tacollie

Glamper
Mid size trucks replaced mini trucks. If you put a 6.5' bed on them they are basically a full size. My towering 5'9" frame sleeps just fine in a 6' foot bed?

If I was in the market for a size truck I will still probably end up with a another Tacoma. There is no rational to it but I just don't like GM styling. I don't care about the fluff. My Tacoma has plenty of power and I don't feel more fatigue after 10 hours in it than I do after 10 hours on our VW Sportwagon.

The nice thing about all the vehicles being reliable these days is we don't have to argue about which is best. Just buy the one you like and drive it.

rkj__

Adventurer
The nice thing about all the vehicles being reliable these days is we don't have to argue about which is best. Just buy the one you like and drive it.

While the arguement is not needed, it still comes up constantly. :(

For example, the threads about the Colorado ZR2 seem to end up discussing the Tacoma more than the ZR2....

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck

For example, the threads about the Colorado ZR2 seem to end up discussing the Tacoma more than the ZR2....
I just don't get it. If you like Tacomas, buy one. If you don't then it's sure nice that Nissan and GM and soon Ford will have viable options that by all accounts are improved over their previous generations (I'm really interested to see the Ranger). Anyone who's a Toyota fanboy (as I am) will also have to admit that Toyota isn't the same Toyota of 20 years ago. They used to make simple and reliable vehicles that lasted forever. It simply isn't true anymore. I still think they are as good as anyone else, just not really better anymore.

bkg

Explorer
I just don't get it. If you like Tacomas, buy one. If you don't then it's sure nice that Nissan and GM and soon Ford will have viable options that by all accounts are improved over their previous generations (I'm really interested to see the Ranger). Anyone who's a Toyota fanboy (as I am) will also have to admit that Toyota isn't the same Toyota of 20 years ago. They used to make simple and reliable vehicles that lasted forever. It simply isn't true anymore. I still think they are as good as anyone else, just not really better anymore.

logic is rarely used by fanboys... or by me when I justify to my wife why I need another Toyota. :)

Clutch

<---Pass

Believe the main reason is the Chevy hasn’t been out long enough, not that many out there compared to the Tacoma. That may change in the future, since the Tacoma is starting to get some real competition. [Finally]

jgallo1

Adventurer
ICON is pretty much building what I want...but at a $200K+ price tag...kinda defeats the purpose of having a cheap utilitarian truck that you can go beat on.

Man, that new derelict Bronco they just finished is right up my alley...(though the rims are too big for my liking, kinda makes it look out of proportion, imo) chassis should of been powder coated to look a bit rusty like what Proffitt's did their rest-mod FJ40.

Now I just need to win the lotto, so I can build my '67-72 F250 Crew Cab with an Alaskan version of it, and I would be pretty smug! :D

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/19/1966-ford-bronco-icon-derelict-restomod/

1966-ford-bronco-icon-derelict-004-1.jpg

DSC_9661-min-.jpg
Yes, they have made a few for me as well, Maybe one day when I when the lotto. ha ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior