Why SO many used late model RAM 2500s available?

Explorerinil

Observer
I was wondering if we’d start to see this happening sometime soon. Makes sense as many of them are just 3, 4, or 5K miles. Too new really to be having much trouble. They sure are listing for high prices. The ones I saw in Phoenix were overwhelmingly Bighorns.

Yeah, thought that maybe too, so I searched Super Duties and Tundras with similar specs and they aren’t there in anywhere near the same numbers. Maybe the Rams are a result of the more aggressive marketing? Could be some companies in Phoenix dumped a bunch?

It’ll be interesting to see if other brands/models pop-up in big numbers
Around me, fords are a dime a dozen, there’s ford dealers everywhere and they market the hell out of them. Used rams are hard to come by.

Explorerinil

Observer
I’ve been looking at Power Wagons on autotrader and have seen about a dozen used 2019’s that were rentals units. All were standard equipt and the only option was tube side steps, none had the winch hook installed and could not tell by the pics if there was even a winch on the truck. Mileage was between 12-20k and most were from Utah. I wonder if these are from the rental company that went bankrupt recently, can’t remember who that was.
I’ve seen a few used 19 power wagon demos. When the 19 power wagon came out, FCA let a ton of different people and groups test them, that could be it. Mine did not have the winch hook installed, it was under the back seat. I’ll be honest, the 19 power wagon with the ZF trans is the most enjoyable truck I’ve driven and owned.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Fiat/Chrysler builds vehicles on "Spec" unlike GM or Ford which only build sold units with Fiat/Chrysler pushing these unsold units on their dealers. That's why there are still a lot of unsold new 2019 RAM trucks out there available for purchase. Good friend just bought a new 2019 4WD crew diesel 2500 with a 69K list for $52K out the door. That's the cheapest I have heard about. Yes he had to travel a long way to git it! Another purchased a 2019 4WD crew cab 3500 dually with a $79K list for $64K out the door. Again he had to travel a long way to git.

Lot's of rental cars and trucks hitting Manheim as rental fleets have cancelled any additional 2019 vehicle orders back in March with no new plans for 2021 orders. Fleets make up almost 20% of the new vehicles sold. I expect that to drastically change for the 2021 production year just as it changed for the 2020 production year.

STREGA

Explorer
I’ve seen a few used 19 power wagon demos. When the 19 power wagon came out, FCA let a ton of different people and groups test them, that could be it. Mine did not have the winch hook installed, it was under the back seat. I’ll be honest, the 19 power wagon with the ZF trans is the most enjoyable truck I’ve driven and owned.

The ones I looked at were rental units and bought at auction by the dealers according to the carfax report. Being rentals I'am sure they did not rent them with the hook installed and a good chance they removed the winch line as well. When I bought my '05 Power Wagon it had just gotten on the dealer lot and the hook was not installed yet but when I took delivery it was installed.

SoTxAg06

I had a 2018 that had transmission and rear differential issues before 20K miles. After two months in the shop, and it never really getting fixed I traded it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gillbrak

Blows my mind that rental companies would be buying PWs, did they over produce them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gillbrak

You can rent any type of vehicle. I can go rent a mustang, corvette, challenger, rubicon, F350 and this list goes on.

Where from? Turo? Where individuals actually own the vehicle or from the big companies, Hertz, National etc?

85_Ranger4x4

Fleet returns? Cheapest truck usually gets the bulk fleet order

I have noticed a lot of fleets jumping from Ford to Ram lately.

Even like government places that don't care how much stuff costs.

Where from? Turo? Where individuals actually own the vehicle or from the big companies, Hertz, National etc?

For 'stangs, Challengers and Camaros you can get them at the big name places. Generally V6/I4 and convertible if they can.

Never seen or heard of renting a PW but I haven't checked into it either.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Fleet returns? Cheapest truck usually gets the bulk fleet order
In the past Ford undercut everyone according to my friend's brother who is a fleet contact. I don't know what the present situation is.
The boom times prior to the CCP virus had many,many guys signing up for 0 interest 72 month loans. Lots of upper end cars too. My wife and I commented suppose the economy plummets? People living on the edge.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Ford has done away with the fleet pin number discount so I have been told. Regardless Ram is cheaper to buy, but long term the hemi gas motor would be my 3rd choice out of the big 3. Neigbor sales 3/4 and 1 ton used trucks for a living, mostly high mileage units, he says the hemi motors don't last.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Ford has done away with the fleet pin number discount so I have been told. Regardless Ram is cheaper to buy, but long term the hemi gas motor would be my 3rd choice out of the big 3. Neigbor sales 3/4 and 1 ton used trucks for a living, mostly high mileage units, he says the hemi motors don't last.
We have two Hemi Ram 1500 trucks in our fleet with close to 300,000 kms / 187,000 miles on them? ?‍♂️ I figure it's all just a crap shoot.

Explorerinil

Observer
Not true, ford undercuts everyone on fleet sales, I buy goverment fleet vehicles as part of my job. You see allot of goverment vehicles that are made by ford, it’s because they are cheap. I drive a 2017 f150 for my work vehicle, it was 15k new, ram was in the low 20’s next to gm, so lowest bid gets the sale.

Explorerinil

Observer
I have noticed a lot of fleets jumping from Ford to Ram lately.

Even like government places that don't care how much stuff costs.

For 'stangs, Challengers and Camaros you can get them at the big name places. Generally V6/I4 and convertible if they can.

Never seen or heard of renting a PW but I haven't checked into it either.
out west I’ve seen power wagons and rubicon’s for rent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online