Why Tread Lightly!...?

Tread Lightly!

Observer
Justin, what is TL doing at SEMA? Will you guys be in a booth or just checking out the show? Would love to catch up.

We are tied in with something with Omix-ADA. Pretty much the entire staff will be there.

(note... I actually have left TL as full-time and am just doing trainings/outreach and forum stuff again. Headed back to AK in February. I'll miss SEMA since i'll be coming back from the Boy Scouts Outdoor Ethics Conference. I should probably just pick a weekend and come over to SLC :D )

Tread Lightly!

Observer

Irresponsible and blatantly destructive actions do close areas. That's a given. Which is why we strive so hard to encourage responsible use, and highlight that in our partnerships with agencies. We've worked with the Vermont ATV Sportsmens Association before, and I know they've had some successes in getting routes opened. May be work looking into.

Tread Lightly!

Observer
Happy Sunday everyone!

Just wanted to pass on a little update with a couple big items...

First, as you've all probably seen with prior posts, we have been steadily increasing our involvement with the Boy Scouts of America and their Outdoor Ethics programming since we signed our agreement with them in 2010. Complimenting the human-powered backcountry ethics provided by Leave No Trace, Tread Lightly! has been asked to directly provide responsible use training and education concerning the mechanized, motorized, and shooting programs within the BSA. Over the last week, we attended the Outdoor Ethics Conference in Arkansas, providing a Tread Trainer course specifically tailored to those programs for over 60 council educators from across the country, as well as other coursework and sitting on an ethics panel in cooperation with LNT. This is sparking a huge opportunity for Tread Lightly! as we move towards further integration into those specific programs in the Nation's largest youth serving organization. For Scouts and leaders, stay tuned to the BSA Outdoor Ethics page for further information, including the soon-to-be announced new award structure for Outdoor Ethics. http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/OutdoorProgram/OutdoorEthics.aspx

553711_824620068333_1538918111_n.jpg

Second... For those of you heading to Las Vegas for the SEMA show this coming week, please make sure to visit Tread Lightly! and meet the staff in cooperation with our friends at Omix-ADA. We'll be meeting with our partners, developing new partners, and looking to increase the resources and support that help us provide quality, relevant resources as we strive to increase the balanced protection of natural resources and continued access. More info- http://semashow.com/

Last but certainly not least... Don't forget that our annual eBay charity auction will open early on November 1st. Get those bids in on products for your outdoor adventures, taking advantage of bidding that begins well below retail value. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/auction/auction!.html

And until next time...
Happy Trails.
403557_10150820658463342_340516752_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman