Wildlife Photography

xjclassic

a couple visitors in my backyard...

100_2812.jpg

100_2819.jpg

Here is a small contribution for you. Taken on a small fishing island off the west coast of Baja (the name escapes me right now). It is of a baby Elephant Seal.

seal.jpg

This one was taken some where between Hawaii and Baja

dolphin.jpg

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
1st time backyard visitor - Townsend's Solitare.

CIMG1314.jpg

Horned Owl on a nearby trail

CIMG1284.jpg

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Ursidae69 said:
Nice pics Jacket and good job IDing the solitare, it's a tough bird to ID sometimes. :)

Thanks, but I needed help. It wasn't in the Colorado field guide I have, but my Dad found it in the Western guide. The white eye rings got us in the right place!

Overdrive

Adventurer
My dog found this guy in our yard. It was after dark, no moonlight, so I had to periodically turn the flashlight on to see if he was staying put while I set up the tripod and camera....

72dpi13inwidefx2.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Overdrive said:
My dog found this guy in our yard. It was after dark, no moonlight, so I had to periodically turn the flashlight on to see if he was staying put while I set up the tripod and camera....

72dpi13inwidefx2.jpg

Great shot! I'm glad your dog new enough to stay back and not get bit.:sombrero:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
This is an Elephant Seal, correct?

I saw and heard a couple of them playing in the shallow surf near Cambria recently. The weirdest noise I've ever heard, one calling to another. Their heads are so prehistoric, it was tough to tell them from a rock when they surfaced.

Trevor, your shots from Africa are.. :Wow1: :bowdown:

DaJudge

Explorer
SequoiaJune2006140.jpg

SequoiaJune2006139.jpg

SequoiaJune2006061.jpg

These are from Sequoia National Park. The Bear with the two cubs was right behind our campsite. Sorry they are so far away but that is all the zoom the wifes' S500 Canon has. Somewhere I have pics I took with my 35mm. If I get them digitized I will post them too.

Glen

marke

Hi Kcowyo, Yeah it is an Elephant Seal. He was about 10 feet long and close to 4 feet across. My wife and I were out hiking at Pt Reyes St Park and came across him on one of the beaches. His bellows were pretty amazing!

Mark

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
DaJudge said:
SequoiaJune2006140.jpg

SequoiaJune2006139.jpg

SequoiaJune2006061.jpg

These are from Sequoia National Park. The Bear with the two cubs was right behind our campsite. Sorry they are so far away but that is all the zoom the wifes' S500 Canon has. Somewhere I have pics I took with my 35mm. If I get them digitized I will post them too.

Glen

Great shots! Nice to see the little ones.:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online