Window or wall air conditioner?

dvorocks

Adventurer
I'm trying to figure out what ac to use. I'm installing a regular ac in the location the refrigerator was. I have a cabinet 21 3/4 wide. I been looking at the 10k window units but they will fit with little to no room on the sides. This is my question. Regular wi sow units draw air from the back and bent out the sides? Wall units do both out of the back?

Flhtruss

Observer
Hi dvorocks
Not sure I follow the question. If you are totally enclosing the unit and will have limited space for the air to exit on the sides, you will run high head pressure and unit will not function well if at all in high heat. So I would say use on where the supply and exhaust for the condenser are not restricted by their being enclosed in your mounting.
Russ

DiploStrat

Expedition Leader
Got Scars!

If you don't hang the condenser outside of the camper shell, you are going to need a HUGE roof vent and/or a fan to get enough air to the unit to cool the condenser. Failing to do this will result in a fried compressor.

dvorocks

Adventurer
I've tried both portable and wall units in another rig I have. The portable a.c. aren't nearly as efficient. My 5000btu wall unit cools the same space as the 10000btu portable... portable is definently not the best choice

Darwin

Explorer
3/4 ton mini split would the option I would look into. But you might not have the space for one, so far they are the most efficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger