Wiring a Pingauzer trailer

AbnMike

Observer
I need to wire up my trailer to work with my Land Rover. I don't want to blow anything up so asking first before I plug it in.

The three pictures are

1: Right tail light on the trailer (the left is identical except on the left side the yellow wire is green/yellow instead of all yellow)

2: The wiring coming from the trailer tentatively hooked up to the new plug.

3: The wiring instructions for the plug itself.

Can anyone tell me which wires from the trailer go to which pole on this switch? I'm confused about the red and black ones (ok, and all the others, too).

Attachments

• pin 2.jpg
    pin 2.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Pin wiring.jpg
    Pin wiring.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
  • pin wiring 3.jpg
    pin wiring 3.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 12

krick3tt

Adventurer
It did take awhile to figure the wiring on my trailer. Going to need an ohm meter with a circuit bell for continuity to test for complete circuits. Nice thing about the 24V system on the pinz is that you can use 24V bulbs in the trailer and they will also work on the 12V for the LR, just be a bit less bright. No need to change bulbs for each vehicle.
If I still had my trailer and pinz I could take pics for you of the connections.
Are you using a 4 pin plug for the connection? I still have the female pinz plug that I took off the jeep. From the 4 pin to the pinz receptacle the wiring goes white /8, yellow/1, brown//5, green/4, greenblack/centre.
The pinz hd circuit breakers so the worst that could happen was that one might pop. With the LR you have fuses, a bit more of a challenge. I see that your plug just gives colors not numbers so I am at a bit of a loss.

Not sure if this helps but it is all I can offer since I can't see your set up.

Last edited:

AbnMike

Observer
I think if someone knew what the wires on the light photo did I could get most of the way there - of the black, red, white, and yellow, which one is ground, which one is brake? I am assuming the yellow is a turn signal since on the other light the wire is yellow/green instead of all yellow. That's the only wire that's different on the two lights.

McCall Pinz

Observer
I'll get my pictures for you tomorrow, but remember on a stock Pinz the amber light is brake and red light is turn. I turned the small bulb into running light on mine.

krick3tt

Adventurer
If you can't turn the light bulb holder around SAV sells a kit to make the stock pinz tail lights to the American mode with red being stop and yellow (amber) the turn indicator. Since those incandescent lights are not all that bright, it is possible to add LED lighting which is much brighter.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Thanks for that post. I had lost track of it when I sold the pinz. I am sure it will help someone in need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78