Woodsman 4x4 RV?

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not familiar with them but they are very cool. Wonder what the purpose was for the hatch door. I know some Travcos of that vintage were converted to 4x4's. I think William Shatner had one done. I owned a 22' Travco with a 413. Great motorhome.

LuckyDan

Adventurer
While not familiar with the Woodsman model specifically, the "Torch" icon on the Woodsman nameplate is/was synonymous with Champion Motorhomes. I have no idea if they are still in business, but i know they were in the 70's and they used a lot of different Dodge Chassis-Powertrain for their base platform.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Not familiar with them but they are very cool. Wonder what the purpose was for the hatch door. I know some Travcos of that vintage were converted to 4x4's. I think William Shatner had one done. I owned a 22' Travco with a 413. Great motorhome.
There is at least one Travco out there with 4WD. A guy in a semi-local 4WD club owned it the last that I knew. The story was the William Shatner, yes him, got it stuck somewhere in the SoCA desert and decided THAT wasn't going to happen again! The guy called it the "Enterprise".......
:sombrero:

jackmcar99

woodsman rv

well believe it or not i have actually seen one of these in a run-down trailer park I often pass going into newport beach along good old PCH but anyways i had always thought it was extremely interesting looking and had always wanted it but never took the time to go and ask if anyone would consider selling it, but i believe its now rotting away in the back storage lot of the(pretty much abandoned) trailer park wish i had gotten some picks, but yes there are some out there glad to see other photos of them :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman