World Decals Wanted

AFSOC

Explorer
Does anyone know where I can purchase decals of the world which you often see on rigs ?

I just saw some nice ones on E-bay this past weekend. I had done a search for "compass rose decal" and browsed some selections of the on-line stores that search matched. I don't recall vendor names since I wasn't specifically interested in world or global decals. Post up if you find a favorite.

Last edited:
S

Street Wolf

Thanks for the link but those all appear to be for interior use ? Apparently using "wall" decals indoors is stylish now.......

So it says, but they're made out of vinyl. That is about as good as it gets when it comes to decal. Perfect for using on your vehicle.

I won't put a 'sticker' on my vehicle, only vinyl decals.

Vinyl on top of vinyl-

214sho0.jpg

socaljeeper

Adventurer
So it says, but they're made out of vinyl. That is about as good as it gets when it comes to decal. Perfect for using on your vehicle.

I won't put a 'sticker' on my vehicle, only vinyl decals.

Vinyl on top of vinyl-

214sho0.jpg

That looks nice! Did you have it made?

cruisertoy

Explorer
You just need to ask your supplier what vinyl they are using. My wife has owned an interior vinyl company for 6 years and uses Oracal 651. The stuff is good outdoors for 5-6 years. You can use Oracal 851 and it will conform a little better to auto bodies and last longer. I find that after a few years I want to change the vinyl on my cruiser anyway.

Socal,
What did the full hood black out and compas run you? Were they both single pieces?

I answered my own question. I had to go to the post office this morning (after posting) and saw a shop that made signs, decals, etc. I stopped in and they picked a nice map off of Google Images and made me one. It's 18" high x 22" wide and that cost $50. I had it laminated for another $10. I picked it up 2 hours later. I think it looks nice, and hopefully I don't butcher it when I install it.

Riptide

Explorer
Hey StreetWolf,

I love that! I bought that exact eps file, and several others, to get some decals cut for my rig.

Where did you get that done - locally, or on-line? And how much? I wanted to scale them a bit, to use in several places...

TIA.

Pat

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Hey StreetWolf,

I love that! I bought that exact eps file, and several others, to get some decals cut for my rig.

Where did you get that done - locally, or on-line? And how much? I wanted to scale them a bit, to use in several places...

TIA.

Pat

He used viggdesigns.com don't ask how i know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998