World Series???

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Bah! I dont need no stinkin' world series!

While everyone else was stuck inside watching that stupid black box in their living room, I decided to take advantage of the lack of traffic on the trail.

Ok, I didn't plan it that way, but it certainly seems to have worked that way. As we headed up Reddington Rd (Tucson), there wasn't a single car around. Only 2 or 3 parked at the trailhead for Tanque Verde falls, and not a single person at any of the 3 most popular shooting areas (first time I have ever seen all 3 empty), and in fact, not a single person shooting anywhere along the road.

We made it to Chiva Falls without seeing a single person (although we passed a broken toyota left along side the trail), and didn't see the first other vehicle until we were eating lunch at Anello tank (at the end of FR4426A)...and that was a solo KTM. On the way out, we started seeing a few hunters, but no one else.

We managed to spy a praying mantis (on the broken toyota), and a small covey of Montezuma Quail at Chiva falls, a whole bunch of frogs around the few pools left in Juaquin Canyon, and a few white tail along the way out.

The roads are getting a bit rougher than they used to be...not really any more difficult, but the smooth sections are getting smaller and smaller.

Overall, it was a nice afternoon.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Cool pics Brian, very cool. I've never seen that many canyon tree frogs clumped together. :costumed-smiley-007

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Ursidae69 said:
Cool pics Brian, very cool. I've never seen that many canyon tree frogs clumped together. :costumed-smiley-007

I was hoping you would tell me what the heck kind they were. That was just a small percentage of the frogs....one of the pools was surrounded by groups like that. Probably 100+ frogs within a 3' of the water hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior