Would folks have interest in 100' of 14ga sxl for $18 incl shipping?

pods8

Explorer
I need to order up wire for my camper build, I'm considering ordering up some larger spools of red and black 14ga SXL and just selling off the excess in smaller spools for less than I'm seeing others charging for smaller spools. Places like Del City run $22.6 for 100' of that wire prior to shipping costs (free shipping over $99 from them). Just curious about feedback from electrically minded DIY folks as to whether something like that would seem reasonable if folks with in the market for 14ga wire prior to sinking in the cash into a order. At $18 per 100' shipped it would tend to beat out most 14ga GPT pricing or be close for a nicer wire. I'd probably have 1000' of red and 1400' of black available, so this wouldn't be some long term sale thing or require massive ongoing effort on my end to deal with the excess.

Fair deal or am I considering a foolish path?

pods8

Explorer
I should clarify I am just wondering if folks would find it as an appealing deal if ever in tge market in general.

Frosty_1

Adventurer
Pods,

Have you checked out Greg's Marine Wire? Very inexpensive and the ability to order in user friendly sizes. I have no affiliation with them, other than using them during my Sprinter build and on my FWC for misc projects.

f.

pods8

Explorer
Looks like $19.50 plus shipping there for 100'. Granted tinned but I believe pvc insulation verse crosslinked like the sxl.

pods8

Explorer
Well I pulled the trigger, two big ******** spools of wire showe'd up today:
07F00633-9F5A-46AC-9B96-A8A9E4A62DC0-1238-000000D5C4445351_zps1cddd5b5.jpg

Crosslinked insulation verse a flame:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears