WTB - 100 Series Land Cruiser

• Thread starter High Country Nomads
  • Start date
H

High Country Nomads

I'm not having a lot of luck finding an 02-04 Cruiser. This would be for my wife to replace her recently rolled Tahoe. The years are specific because of my budget and I need 2 install 2 baby seats. From what I've been reading Toyota didn't start installing the "Latch" for the baby seats until late 2001/ early 2002. Maybe I'm wrong? My search area is wide - Colorado, UTAH and Northern CA. Thanks

tarditi

Explorer
FWIW, if the baby seats generally stay in the vehicle, the old method of using the seat belts to hold it in aren't onerous.

Have you looked at the Lexus GX? Usually easier to find than the TLCs in most markets due to production volume, so you may find better pricing.

H

High Country Nomads

I've been looking at the GX's also, the market around here has been slim lately and if there is one, the miles exceed 250K. We switch the seats every other day because of our schedules unfortunately. And after my wife was upside down the other day she feels better abut the latches. She's shot down every cruiser i found for her so far because of that.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
It didn't take me long to buy extra car seats to avoid switching between me and the wife. It gets old putting them in and out of car!

H

High Country Nomads

Thanks for all your replies. I had a budget of $9000 - $13000 and picked up a 2005 beauty for $9500 last night in Denver. All she needs is some new rubber and brakes.

Last edited:
H

High Country Nomads

I really got lucky I think. The guy had it listed on auto trader with only 2 pictures for 6 months. He said only 1 guy called about it and never showed up. It's really flawless minus an end cap on the roof rack missing. The service records over the past 10 years were perfect and aside from new rubber it technically needs nothing, but i plan on doing a very mild suspension upgrade and new tires this week. After that, it's the family cruiser in nearly stock form.

H

High Country Nomads

220K miles on it and i'm sure it's mixed between Denver Traffic and the ski resorts, but it was the same owner since 2007 and I've already put 300 very smooth miles on it since last night, from Castle Rock to Winter park to Frisco back to Winter park. I'll let Slee look at this week and we'll find out if anything is bad. She got new rubber today also.

UNvisible

Awesome pick up. If my truck doesnt sell soon, I will be up skiing i70 corridor through the end of feb. I will probably stop in SLEE and spend some more money too :ylsmoke::costumed-smiley-007

TrailBum

Great find! I was looking in the area as well and stumbled across the ad, but never took the time to follow up LOL. That's how you find the gems!

What tires did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

H

High Country Nomads

Great find! I was looking in the area as well and stumbled across the ad, but never took the time to follow up LOL. That's how you find the gems!

What tires did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

I went w/ the Duratracs because they were available at the closest Tire shop the day I needed them. I put on 270/75/18's and hopefully a week from tomorrow we'll throw on new springs for an extra inch of lift. It was a great find for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998