WTB 1st gen Tundra

windtraveler

Observer
On the hunt for a 1st gen Tundra in excellent condition and low miles.

I’m willing to consider all varieties with the 6’ bed but my preferences are:

Year Model 05-06
4.7 V8
4x4
Access Cab
<75,000 miles

Location is not important. I’m willing to travel to get the right truck.

I know they are rare but they are out there and I’m willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

Kpack

Adventurer
Mike, that year range is 1st gen, not 2nd gen. You may want to amend your title so people don't get confused.

Kpack

Adventurer
That's a nice truck. I like the color too. I have to say it's insane how expensive these 1st gens are in the Northwest. There wasn't anything 05-06 that was less than 14K when I was looking several years ago.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
On the hunt for a 1st gen Tundra in excellent condition and low miles.

I’m willing to consider all varieties with the 6’ bed but my preferences are:

Year Model 05-06
4.7 V8
4x4
Access Cab
<75,000 miles

Location is not important. I’m willing to travel to get the right truck.

I know they are rare but they are out there and I’m willing to pay a fair price.

Thanks,
Mike

I completed a similar search this past year and can share my experiences.
My criteria was very similar but it had to be less than 100k and either white or silver.

People talk about how difficult it is to find a good double cab 1st gen these days. Finding a good 05/06 Access Cab is even harder.
It took me around 4 months of checking the online ads daily to find my truck. During my search, I saw many great double cabs.

Unfortunately, nothing from the rust belt is a viable option.
I ended up driving 8 hours south and bought mine from a Toyota Dealership in GA.
An 05 Access Cab with 30k was posted for sale in my state for $20k and sold within hours.

The 2nd Gen Tacoma shares a lot of dimensional traits with the 1st gen Tundra Access Cab. Better and cheaper aftermarket too.

windtraveler

Observer
I completed a similar search this past year and can share my experiences.
My criteria was very similar but it had to be less than 100k and either white or silver.

People talk about how difficult it is to find a good double cab 1st gen these days. Finding a good 05/06 Access Cab is even harder.
It took me around 4 months of checking the online ads daily to find my truck. During my search, I saw many great double cabs.

Unfortunately, nothing from the rust belt is a viable option.
I ended up driving 8 hours south and bought mine from a Toyota Dealership in GA.
An 05 Access Cab with 30k was posted for sale in my state for $20k and sold within hours.

The 2nd Gen Tacoma shares a lot of dimensional traits with the 1st gen Tundra Access Cab. Better and cheaper aftermarket too.
Thanks for the input. We sold our 2013 Tacoma in order to get more interior space and our camper will fit the 1st gen Tundras, hence my search. My wife wants a double cab but then complains about the difficulty of parking it. Haha. Therefore I’m seriously considering the double cabs as well.

Up here in the PNW the double cabs are significantly more than the access cabs (2-3 times what the difference is when new).

A friend has a pristine 06 Double Cab SR5 TRD he bought new with 70,000 miles. Says he should sell it because he has too many vehicles. I checked with my insurance company and they have a rider that will allow me to insure the vehicle for 20% over book value. Based on that I offered him $18k. I did inform him that based on what I have seen in this area he could possibly get 20 or more with a little effort. We will see.

jgallo1

Adventurer
I am also looking for a clean 05-06, V8 TRD, 4x4 with right around 100k. I am looking for the AC. It is not an easy search. I have seen some beautiful DC's, even a few limited ones. Not sure of your price range these were definitely on the spendy side. Let me know If you want me to pass along some links.

Clutch

<---Pass
Not sure what the original owner was thinking on that one.... :)

That is what is called "Hawaiian Style"

Haoles wouldn't understand... :D

call-me-hand_1f919.png

de0494115aa50aba96f2d36e5aec8bd3.jpg

Loubaru

Adventurer
I got "lucky" and found my 2006 limited DC after about 4 months of searching. Man was that a PITA, in the NW people ask so much for clapped out/rusted ones. Ended up getting mine for ~16k w/ 130k miles on it, timing belt done, and in fairly mint condition. The lucky part was the guy selling it (private party) didn't want to deal with "craigslist people" so he ended up holding onto it for a couple days until I could get to his area. Not being a complete weirdo/slime ball, knowing how to speak with people and paying cash definitely helps on CL, lol. When I was looking anything close to what I got would have been 20k+.

windtraveler

Observer
I am also looking for a clean 05-06, V8 TRD, 4x4 with right around 100k. I am looking for the AC. It is not an easy search. I have seen some beautiful DC's, even a few limited ones. Not sure of your price range these were definitely on the spendy side. Let me know If you want me to pass along some links.
Please pass them along. I have seen several limited ones and 2 in particular were pretty phenomenal trucks. 1 06 with 70k miles and 1 06 with 33k miles. Both parties wanted $25k and wouldn’t budge on price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior