WTB: 2001-2004 Nissan Xterra

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
We are looking for a 2001-2004 Nissan Xterra. Any leads please let me know.

Why? We are replacing FlyingWen's Lexus POS, and FlyingWen has her mind set on an "Xterra with round headlights."

Requirements:
  • Preferably lower miles (under 100K).
  • Minimal to no rust.
  • 4WD.
So OK, it is HER vehicle (I couldn't talk into a LC or FJ or 4Runner...I tried my best). I can see some potential.

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Xterra's are sweet, and reasonable. It will make a great car for you guys.

First time I have ever heard of a Lexus POS (is that possible?) :)

flyingwil

bigreen505 said:
Does it still have to be yellow, or have the color choices expanded? :sunny:

LOL... she wants yellow, but at this point we are open to other color options. There is this olive one that looks like a faded plastic army man toy, that she also likes. I think she may finally be over the yellow, but that is only one I have EVER seen in that color. I talked to the owner, and he said it was a factory color, and he has not seen an other one like it.

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
First time I have ever heard of a Lexus POS (is that possible?) :)

Yup come drive ours... Not really it is just old and begining to act like an older car. It's a 1994 Lexus ES300. Engine is a champ, and the transmission shifts hard. A/C was just serviced for the first time this summer. For the most part it is a champ, it is just getting old and worn in.

dirtysouth

Adventurer
:oops: I almost put mine up for sale here a couple of days ago but figured it would be too much of an hassle for most of the guy on here who appear to be mostly located out west. I just traded in mine at the local Nissan dealer yesterday for a 07 Frontier.

flyingwil

Did you have any major issues with your Xterra? They seem to be pretty decent, and every owner I talk to seems to love them.

FlyingWen

Explorer
flyingwil said:
LOL... she wants yellow, but at this point we are open to other color options. There is this olive one that looks like a faded plastic army man toy, that she also likes. I think she may finally be over the yellow, but that is only one I have EVER seen in that color

Ok.. for the record. Flyingwil WANTS that army man green! I like yellow alot, but at this point I just want an Xterra and don't care about the color. I like green and burgundy, but am open to anything.. even orange.

2WD is ok too, but I would never hear the end of it from the hubby. He wants me to get 4WD b/c he think I would actually come rescue him if he gets his rig stuck :xxrotflma

Xterra MUST have pwr windows/locks. :safari-rig:

Let us know if anyone hears of a good one with lower miles.

flyingwil

FlyingWen said:
2WD is ok too, but I would never hear the end of it from the hubby. He wants me to get 4WD b/c he think I would actually come rescue him if he gets his rig stuck :xxrotflma

Ummm Yeah... must have 4WD. :shakin:

flyingwil

Big Daddy Chia said:
U really dont want a first gen. U need to talk her into a second gen. More room better motor, better mpg.

Why? What are the major flaws of the 01-04's? She just likes the styling, and it is HER vehicle not mine.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure there are any major flaws in the 01-04 models, but Chia is right, you get a lot more bang for the buck on the newer ones. They are at once more capable and more car-like, more comfortable, better interiors, gas mileage and close to a 100 hp. increase. Also much better crash protection for Flyingbaby.

flyingwil

bigreen505 said:
I'm not sure there are any major flaws in the 01-04 models, but Chia is right, you get a lot more bang for the buck on the newer ones. They are at once more capable and more car-like, more comfortable, better interiors, gas mileage and close to a 100 hp. increase. Also much better crash protection for Flyingbaby.

Yeah, but it ultimately is up to FlyingWen. I too like the new ones, but the price tag and depretiation in resale value is my only concern. Her concern is that they don't have round headlights. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears