WTB 4x4 Van or Ambo (Ford e350 or other)

WTB search help

$50k in funds total, looking for a blank canvas van/ambo that already has the 4x4 done but I can buy and then spend the rest of my funds to built out as I need. Ideally the $35-$40k range so I have $10k to $15k to spend on a built out. I’m a wood working, welder/fabricator, and built rigs before so I’ll be doing all my own labor but no longer have a driveway where I can park it while I do a 4x4 conversion which I why that needs to already be done.

Parameters
0) preferably E350 but open to others must be highly off-road capable
1) 4x4 conversion done (preferably Ujoint but other will suffice)
2) minimally built out interior or none at all so I can built out (I’m lrepapared to strip a basic build down to the bones and recycle what I can and build the rest)
3) high top already installed would be a HUGE PLUS
4) any expensive living mods that have already been done are a huge plus such as: heater tapped into fuel tanks, lipo4 house batteries, etc

Alright so let’s see some for sale links ?

Moves+Moments

WTB search help

$50k in funds total, looking for a blank canvas van/ambo that already has the 4x4 done but I can buy and then spend the rest of my funds to built out as I need. Ideally the $35-$40k range so I have $10k to $15k to spend on a built out. I’m a wood working, welder/fabricator, and built rigs before so I’ll be doing all my own labor but no longer have a driveway where I can park it while I do a 4x4 conversion which I why that needs to already be done.

Parameters
2) minimally built out interior or none at all so I can built out (I’m lrepapared to strip a basic build down to the bones and recycle what I can and build the rest)
4) any expensive living mods that have already been done are a huge plus such as: heater tapped into fuel tanks, lipo4 house batteries, etc

Alright so let’s see some for sale links

I’m selling my 96 7.3 Turbo 80k miles. I did a small conversion and then broke it back down to build again. Moving to a new hobby.

Asking 14k obo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zip

danneskjold

I would definitely recommend going with a truck chassis over a van chassis. Most van ambulances on the market are diesels (unless they are post-2010) and finding a good diesel shop that is willing to work on an E series van can be pretty challenging. Additionally, the amount of lift required to fit just a 35 inch tire is pretty crazy and kind of silly. Truck chassis ambulances are more expensive for sure..but when you factor in the cost of a 4x4 conversion they are cheaper.

Meanwhile...truck chassis are super common and diesel shops see them every single day. Depending on what type you can fit fairly large tires with minimal/no lift and you have the reliability of a factory installed 4x4 system.

That being said, I am getting ready to sell my converted 04 F450 ambulance in a bit here. It's well spec'd and has pretty much everything anyone would want - 800ah of 12V lithium, 945W of solar on the roof, full Victron electronics suite (MPPT, Multiplus, Lynx, Orion DC, etc.), Minisplit AC, 40 inch super singles, full pass through, Isotherm DC fridge, composting toilet, interior shower, hydronic water heater, 75ish gallons of diesel (and Espar air heater plumbed into fuel tank), etc.

I'm probably going to price it towards the edge of your budget, but the components are all good and pretty much the best you can buy but the interior could certainly use a refresh/better craftsman than me.

Attachments

• CW1A9462-2.jpg
    CW1A9462-2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31

bigsam

jlcanterbury

WTB search help

Parameters

Alright so let’s see some for sale links ?

I have a 4x4 F450 Ambulance For sale

I also have several other 4x4 ambulances off the market. Get in touch if you are interested

susswein

Observer
I'm selling my 2001 e350. Diesel, extended body, solar and propane, diy simple interior. 150k original miles. Exterior is slightly rough, with small dents, scuffs and scratches. Fixed high top.

Priced at 25K for quick sale. Located in salt lake.

susswein

Observer
I'm selling my 2001 e350. Diesel, extended body, solar and propane, diy simple interior. 150k original miles. Exterior is slightly rough, with small dents, scuffs and scratches. Fixed high top.

Priced at 25K for quick sale. Located in salt lake.

neilsonwheels

I have a 2011 e350 5.4 v8 with a Quigley conversion. 99k miles. It has a pop top and is built out, but I think the interior is a relatively easy start over. I am getting my for sale post together but you can see plenty of exterior photos on my Instagram - @neils_onwheels

Boerboelguy

Going to be selling an 09 E350 RB 5.4l with only around 11k miles on it soon to settle a family members estate. LMK if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman