WTB Bush Company Alpha

Wafflroo

I know CVT up in Bend, OR just got some a week ago today. Went and picked one up last Friday. Spent two nights in it so far, best tent I've owned. Obviously not close to TX but you can always have it shipped.

Wafflroo

How does it feel with two inside the tent?
I think it’s plenty big enough for my wife and I. She’s 5’3”, 120lbs and I’m 6’1”, 170lbs and we have plenty of room. Had a roofnest Falcon (the standard, not xl) prior to this tent and that was slightly narrower. The extra width makes a big difference.

I get what you’re saying about the cost, it’s not cheap! But like I mentioned prior, it’s the best tent I’ve owned (also had a cvt mt Shasta for years prior to the roofnest) the quality of everything is top notch. I would’ve bought this tent sooner had I known about them prior to a couple months ago. The materials used and the thought that went into the design is very good.

Hope that helps! If I was you I’d just buy it, you won’t regret it. Unless you don’t use it, then you might!?

Middleton31

I've sent an email asking if they have one on the floor I can view before purchase, its hard to spend $4,200+ on something you haven't seen in person. They never responded, might just have to drive out there anyways.
They have 1 of every model on the floor they would be more then willing to show you. you can try this number (346) 289-5382 for them or shoot them a message on Facebook. He can probably put you in contact with someone more local to you to check one out too.

I think it’s plenty big enough for my wife and I. She’s 5’3”, 120lbs and I’m 6’1”, 170lbs and we have plenty of room. Had a roofnest Falcon (the standard, not xl) prior to this tent and that was slightly narrower. The extra width makes a big difference.

I get what you’re saying about the cost, it’s not cheap! But like I mentioned prior, it’s the best tent I’ve owned (also had a cvt mt Shasta for years prior to the roofnest) the quality of everything is top notch. I would’ve bought this tent sooner had I known about them prior to a couple months ago. The materials used and the thought that went into the design is very good.

Hope that helps! If I was you I’d just buy it, you won’t regret it. Unless you don’t use it, then you might!?
That sound like a good deal, I also currently have the Mt. Shasha Bachelor, and the wife is always talking about being "cramped in the tent" lol.

I was also looking at the CVT Mt. Hood 60" wide version, but the down fall compared to the Bush Company (in my opinion) is that you can't support as much weight on the roof, which when I go camping its typically near water so I can kayak and fish. As well as the side windows on the CVT not being protected by the rain fly which would inhibit ventilation compared to the BC Alpha... do you think those two downfalls justify the extra cost?

They have 1 of every model on the floor they would be more then willing to show you. you can try this number (346) 289-5382 for them or shoot them a message on Facebook. He can probably put you in contact with someone more local to you to check one out too.
Well now I finally have a reason to go to the Houston area and then slip up slightly north to hit the Sam Houston Forest roads lol.

Wafflroo

That sound like a good deal, I also currently have the Mt. Shasha Bachelor, and the wife is always talking about being "cramped in the tent" lol.

I was also looking at the CVT Mt. Hood 60" wide version, but the down fall compared to the Bush Company (in my opinion) is that you can't support as much weight on the roof, which when I go camping its typically near water so I can kayak and fish. As well as the side windows on the CVT not being protected by the rain fly which would inhibit ventilation compared to the BC Alpha... do you think those two downfalls justify the extra cost?
I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the alpha again if I had to. If you’re nervous about the capacity on the mt hood and the rain fly not giving enough coverage than I’d say you already have your answer. Sounds like if you bought the mt hood you’d be settling and you’d wished you bought the alpha.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the alpha again if I had to. If you’re nervous about the capacity on the mt hood and the rain fly not giving enough coverage than I’d say you already have your answer. Sounds like if you bought the mt hood you’d be settling and you’d wished you bought the alpha.
Buy nice or buy twice.... I think I have my answer... Thank you.

hatchtrikk

Howdy! When did you send the email and what address did you send it to? We have have the Alpha, DX27, and Black Max in stock and on display along with awnings and accessories. Please don't hesitate to call or text if I can help.

Midguardadventure.com
Rex@midguardadventure.com

Cheers,

-Rex

Howdy! When did you send the email and what address did you send it to? We have have the Alpha, DX27, and Black Max in stock and on display along with awnings and accessories. Please don't hesitate to call or text if I can help.

Midguardadventure.com
Rex@midguardadventure.com

Cheers,

-Rex

Howdy Rex!

It was a while ago through the "contact us" form on the website. I'll drive out to the store in a couple weeks when I have some free time on a Saturday to see the tents in person, I'm in New Braunfels, so its not too bad of a drive. I appreciate you reaching out!

Thank you.

hatchtrikk

Howdy Rex!

It was a while ago through the "contact us" form on the website. I'll drive out to the store in a couple weeks when I have some free time on a Saturday to see the tents in person, I'm in New Braunfels, so its not too bad of a drive. I appreciate you reaching out!

Thank you.
My pleasure! Please make sure to call or text ahead of time so we can be sure to be available for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179

Members online