WTB: Disco

m3 bavaria

Adventurer
I'm in Texas but willing to travel. The cheaper the better, but I need something clean, so I know I'm not going to get a bargain. A D1 is a plus. A manual transmission is a big plus. White is an even bigger plus.

What's out there?

zolo

Explorer
I have a Clean D1 auto for sale that has been gone through mechanically and has a Iron Man lift with brand new Michelin tires on it.
I have done a ton to the truck to make it clean nice and mechanically sound.

Its in GA.
Add new fuel pump assembly to the list. Old one did not fail but I briefly thought my wife would be driving it daily so I did the pump as a PM.

let em know. $3000 obo. Its negotiable. Id like to sell it.
Here is the link.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/97519-1994-Land-Rover-Discovery-with-a-few-extras

Last edited:

m3 bavaria

Adventurer
I have a Clean D1 auto for sale that has been gone through mechanically and has a Iron Man lift with brand new Michelin tires on it.
I have done a ton to the truck to make it clean nice and mechanically sound.

Its in GA.
Add new fuel pump assembly to the list. Old one did not fail but I briefly thought my wife would be driving it daily so I did the pump as a PM.

let em know. $3000 obo. Its negotiable. Id like to sell it.
Here is the link.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/97519-1994-Land-Rover-Discovery-with-a-few-extras

How many miles on the truck? Red isn't my preference, but it isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I've got an '97 two owner w/ 95k on it, Avalon Blue, nice truck w/ ARB front bumper- but closer to $5k. I have rack, sliders, lift, etc that could be added as well if you want a more trail ready rig.

m3 bavaria

Adventurer
I've got an '97 two owner w/ 95k on it, Avalon Blue, nice truck w/ ARB front bumper- but closer to $5k. I have rack, sliders, lift, etc that could be added as well if you want a more trail ready rig.

Cost for the total package you mentioned? Any photos?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Here are a few pics taken today(wheels will not go with truck, but will substitute a set of NAS90 alloys):

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    410.5 KB · Views: 79

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
To add the upgrades:
-new OME +2" springs and shocks, $1k installed
-BFG A/T's 235/85-16 <500 miles, set of 5, $600
-SD roofrack(used), $900 installed
-RTE sliders(used), $650 installed
-add all the above, $3k

I also have more items should you desire, HD steering components, skids, diff guards, winch, etc- pm or call to discuss in detail

'96 Disco 5-spd manual, Vortec 4.3l V6, built, 84Kmi

So, I am about to post my Disco for sale and saw your posting. Too much to mention in this post but I will give you the run-down:

Built 1996 Disco SD, 5 speed manual. At 62,500 the previous owner changed the V8 Rover to a new V6 GM Vortec engine, full engine swap ran him $6700 (I have all the receipts) and full 60K maintenance performed at $1700.

He did a bang-on job and paired the engine to the Rover 5-speed with a custom engine to tranny adapter from Marks Adapter in Australia (Advanced Adapters). The current chassis mileage is now 84,000, engine 21,500mi. at 63,000mi he added $10K in upgrades & replacements, including new paints job, OME spring and shocks 1.5" lift, ARB front bumper with Warn M8000, heavy duty rear bumper, blackfoot rock sliders, Hannibal roof rack, Eezi Awn 1200 roof top tent (2 man), new brake lines, front and read diff guards, heavy duty tie rods and tie rod ends, new rear trailing arm, 2 Deka Intimidator batteries (dual battery system), Scan Guage II output in cockpit, Pit Pal flip down table in rear, Hella 500FF lights, floor mats, etc.

I basically took it off him after he put $24K into the truck, he was getting married and had to scale down. I added an ARB compressor in the engine bay, to have air supply. Other than that I replaced a fan on the flex-a-lite dual electric fans (FLX-220, Summit Racing) about a year ago and took it off-road once. Which is why I am selling it. I had big plans to do a year sabattical from work and travel the US (I am from South Africa originally) but expanding family life and promotion at work quickly derailed those dreams. I moved from Louisiana to Houston where I live now, the Disco used to be a daily driver for a while but now I just keep up the battery charge and take her for a spin doing chores on the weekends.

The bad:
1. needs AC service/repair. I have boosted the gas twice but it still leaks out, I have not taken it in to get it repaired.
2. just had the right exhaust manifold collector welded up and one catalytic converter replaced, the total service cost around $600, but I just started hearing an exhaust leak after having the truck inspected. Will need to get re-welded at the collector where it had a hole develop. Sounds gnarly when you rev it as a result.

Other than that, this is an awesome truck that will save you time and money to build up. The previous owner put $24K into it, I have the full binder with all receipts from 2007 onward, and I added another $2000 in general maintenance and additions (air compressor, lights, new headlight bulbs, fan, exhaust work, service) in the 2.5 years I had it since October 2010.

Disco can be seen at my house in Cinco Ranch, Katy. I am asking $7500 firm on Expo Portal, and will post it on e-bay motors starting at $8K. Just the mods alone are worth that if I part it out.

Theo

226.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears