WTB: Edgestar Power Transformer

jbumx2

Observer
Anybody have a spare transformer for the Edgestar FP430/FP630/FP860? Mine has crapped out and no longer works on AC power. (Still works on 12v, however.) I called Edgestar customer service but the service rep said the transformer is on back order and to call back in a month or so. Their website says the manufacturer is no longer producing the transformer so not really sure what is going on. I'm located in the california bay area and willing to pay shipping.

FPTR_vl1.jpg

mikelite80

Adventurer
Are you ok with something different? It should be a pretty basic part, might be able to find something similar. Might just need some new mounting or something. If you can get the specs off it try looking on digikey.com, mouser.com, or automationdirect.com.

Mike

vplow

I'm in the opposite boat- My FP430 works with AC but not DC.

I have several calls and a couple emails logged with Edgestar but they will not call back, nor will they answer the phone...I've been calling for a couple weeks now. Very frustrated, and I'm wondering what to do. (Is this where I finally rationalize purchasing an ARB as a replacement?)

If you are able to figure out a fix please let us know.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I may have one. Or rather I have one, but I don't know if it works.

I bought a non-functional FP430 a while back to use for a lot of spare parts. (I modified the baskets, needed replacement hinges, etc.) I'm fairly certain the problem with the unit was in the compressor/refrigerant side, not electrical, but I can't be 100%.

Willing to yank it and send it along for $10 plus the price of shipping, and I'll refund the $10 if it doesn't work. (Honor system).

The bad news is that I probably won't have time to pull it out for a couple of weeks, I've got some travel happening the next couple of weekends and some work on my Rig that needs doing before my next scheduled trip. If you can wait for me to have a free evening, I'll pull it out.

jbumx2

Observer
I called Whynter customer service and I was able to order the new power supply from them. The Whynters are supposed to be the same as the Edgestars so I'm hoping the part will easily swap in. I'll update this thread when the item arrives. Appreciate the offer Herbie.

jbumx2

Observer
I'm in the opposite boat- My FP430 works with AC but not DC.

I have several calls and a couple emails logged with Edgestar but they will not call back, nor will they answer the phone...I've been calling for a couple weeks now. Very frustrated, and I'm wondering what to do. (Is this where I finally rationalize purchasing an ARB as a replacement?)

If you are able to figure out a fix please let us know.

vplow, did you open up the service panel and inspect the power supply? If not, it's quite simple and there's actually a youtube video that explains how to do it and what's what inside. I used a multimeter to verify that the power supply wasn't providing 12 volts when using AC power. Another tell tale sign for me was the fan in the power supply wasn't coming on. You might want to check inside to make sure all the connections are secure. Then use a multimeter to see if the power supply is sending 12 volts when using DC power. If not, then you have a bad power supply.

vplow

Thanks so much for the info jbumx2!

Great advice. It would be swell if I simply had some loose connections. I haven't opened it up yet, so I will do so asap.

I'm so disappointed in Edgestar service. I received two email responses from them FINALLY but they are of the 'canned' variety and offer no helpful info at all. Harumph.

jbumx2

Observer
I may have one. Or rather I have one, but I don't know if it works.

I bought a non-functional FP430 a while back to use for a lot of spare parts. (I modified the baskets, needed replacement hinges, etc.) I'm fairly certain the problem with the unit was in the compressor/refrigerant side, not electrical, but I can't be 100%.

Willing to yank it and send it along for $10 plus the price of shipping, and I'll refund the $10 if it doesn't work. (Honor system).

The bad news is that I probably won't have time to pull it out for a couple of weeks, I've got some travel happening the next couple of weekends and some work on my Rig that needs doing before my next scheduled trip. If you can wait for me to have a free evening, I'll pull it out.

Herbie I would like to take you up on your offer if the extra power supply you have is still available. The replacement I received from Whynter is a newer design that isn't plug and play compatible with my FP430. If the one you have looks like the one in the picture below it should fit. Please PM me when you are available.

uploadfromtaptalk1439957238970.jpg

Last edited:

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
I'm in the market if anybody has a current site, transformer is difficult to source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online