WTB: Engel or ARB Fridge

Carlyle

Explorer
I'm looking for a nearly new or very good condition Engel or ARB fridge/freezer around the 45 quart range. Anyone have one they would be willing to part with? I'll also need a cover and slide if you have it as well, or I'll just buy it later.

I'm sure someone out there has one they never use and want to part with?

89s rule

Adventurer
A good many vendors have them, but you knwo you just posted up yesterday that you wanted to buy one. If funds are limited then go out and buy a new one, if there not, like most of us, then look for a lightly used one. Just be on your toes b/c they go quickly.

TheRoadie

Explorer
The fridge market seems to be an efficient one, meaning most buyers and most sellers know they're a fantastic product, limited production, and there is not much activity in used ones.

Therefore there won't be much if any discounting on new ones, and inventory is low.

And informed sellers of used ones won't be selling them for 50 cents on the dollar, but more like 80-85% of new.

So all there is left for a real bargain-hunter to discover is the rare under-informed seller who doesn't know what they have is valued greatly by certain communities of buyers, and those sorts of folks come along only rarely. And there is a circling kettle of vultures (us) ready to spot such a seller and swoop in. Except I couldn't wait, so I got mine new from the vendor mentioned above and can't possibly be happier. I can't imagine buying, storing, or carrying ice for two people for a week anymore. If you're maxed out for carrying capacity, would you rather be carrying beer or ice? Tri-tip or peanut butter? Ice cream or MREs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears