WTB: Ford van front seats

grampswrx

Observer
Help me get rid of my hideous blue leather conversion van front seats! I am looking for gray stock front seats from an econoline after 1996. I already have swivel bases, so I just need the seats. I am in SoCal. Thanks!

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Help me get rid of my hideous blue leather conversion van front seats! I am looking for gray stock front seats from an econoline after 1996. I already have swivel bases, so I just need the seats. I am in SoCal. Thanks!

Have you considered having them recovered/ rebuilt?

grampswrx

Observer
I have considered it but figured I could get some seats for a lot less. Most of the quotes I’ve seen are about $500 a seat. I would think stock seats would be $500 for the pair or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treenail

Adventurer
I've got a '97. Stock buckets. I could take pics

I'm in Minneapolis so shipping might be a deal breaker. I'd make you a good deal so that they don't go to the dump.

I could plastic wrap/cardboard if you did the research for
Shipping costs

Drop me an email

treeview

Gmail.com

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Have you tried your local wreckers? Up here they’re a ripoff, but south of the 49th they seem to be more reasonable.

I know newer seats will fit... can anyone comment on year range?

On the forum I’ve read newer seats are much nicer than the ones that I’ve got in a 12/96

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I've actually been offered free seats in the past, keep an eye on local classifieds.

grampswrx

Observer
I’ve looked at local wreckers but they are all just old crusty vans with tattered seats. I know a set will pop up and some people have mentioned being willing to sell, but nothing solid so far.

FROADER

Adventurer
Depending on where you are in SoCal, Fam Vans in Fountain Valley sells seats. I sold my '97 benches to them, and got a transit 2nd row from them, but I know they have front seats, too. Give them a try.

Last edited:

devo 1

Adventurer
I rebuilt the seats in two of my work vans using parts from The Seat Shop out of Texas. Very impressed, they call their seat foam Durofoam, light years better then factory. The install is simple, they have a YouTube video for the ford van seats on their site.

grampswrx

Observer
I rebuilt the seats in two of my work vans using parts from The Seat Shop out of Texas. Very impressed, they call their seat foam Durofoam, light years better then factory. The install is simple, they have a YouTube video for the ford van seats on their site.

I guess my seats would be fine if I recovered them. But the covers I have found either fit poorly or are super expensive. But I’ll check them out.

blanksky

Isn’t that the Baja Bus??? We rented from you guys on Outdoorsy over New Years! The first thing my wife said when she sat in our new Savana was... “the seats in the Baja Bus were soooo much comfier!”

grampswrx

Observer
Isn’t that the Baja Bus??? We rented from you guys on Outdoorsy over New Years! The first thing my wife said when she sat in our new Savana was... “the seats in the Baja Bus were soooo much comfier!”

My profile pic is the Bajabus! I have 3 vans now to rent but the bajabus seats stay. Those are so comfy! I need seats for this:
ec1757a016c3b17f86053d79c5374296.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears