WTB: Jeep Comanche

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
We're looking for a good solid Jeep Comanche. Must haves are the 4.0, autotranny and of course 4WD. The main requirement is a solid body, and we would prefer an unmolested, stock truck. A modded truck would be O.K. as long as the tweeks were well done. Would like to keep the search within a reasonable day trip from NW PA. So far the trucks we've looked at here are victims of our rust belt so we need to expand the search.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Mark, may have a lead for you on a cherry. It is a low mileage, very clean MJ that was properly converted to 4WD by a talented wrench.

I will drop him a line and see if it's still available.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Mark, may have a lead for you on a cherry. It is a low mileage, very clean MJ that was properly converted to 4WD by a talented wrench.

I will drop him a line and see if it's still available.

Sorry Mark.. it's been sold. 60K miles and zero rust/damage...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Does it have to be auto?
Yep.

RR1 said:
...or even a Comanche?
Yep. While thats a cool truck the titled did say "Comanche". :elkgrin:

Sorry Mark.. it's been sold. 60K miles and zero rust/damage...

See, I replied to your PM before checking out this thread. Got all excited, got my wife giddy then...this post. Thanks a bunch for trying though. That was a sweet MJ. :drool:

Warhead

Adventurer
I would consider selling mine for the right deal although it is a manual, I just finished an AX-15 swap with all new parts back in the spring. I has minimal rust over the passenger rear wheel opening & a little on the drivers side rocker(just have not had time to repair it).
let me know if you are interested even thought it is a manual
ba668e07.jpg

06c4b49c.jpg

it has a single rear window currently

0bfc58d7.jpg

also have a set of canyon wheels & a slider rear window to go with it.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I'll keep yours in mind, though I'd really prefer an automatic. Thanks for the heads up. :elkgrin:

chp-sk8

Adventurer
possible rig

I have an 89 MJ that is built, I finished it and then deployed shortly after. I am going to sell it to fund a pinzgauer. Solid cali truck. Bobbed bed 11" , fresh paint, vented hood, terra low transfer, built axels, ARB's, fender flares, Paint matched cage inside, full skids, ax5 trans, custon long arm kit, rock lights,custon bumpers and rock rails, stock int with buckets and center console( took me 9 months to find a presentable set) stereo amp.. there is a ton of other stuff too. This is not shis jeep will roll 90+ staight and true down the freeway or cuises comfy at 70.this is not some beat POS I spent a ton of time and money on her, and wouldnt sell her but I want to fund another project, plus I aquired a 53 willys before I left :^) all original...fun driver.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

This one is real nice

16105047035.278768524.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

15798318204.278768524.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

but it too is manual. There are currently at least 15 Comanche in different stages of decay on Craigslist around here, but they are all manuals without exception.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I have an 89 MJ that is built.

Thanks for posting your MJ up. I'm not really looking for a rig that modified, especially body mods, just a simple truck for the daughter to drive and wrench on.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Thanks Michael! My non-rust bucket, auto trans MJ hunt goes on. I've found one a couple of hours away but haven't had time to go look at it yet. Maybe I'll get a rainy day and be able to go check it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998