WTB: Land Rover Discovery Manual Transmission

jjstahl3

Explorer
Looking for a clean stock Manual transmission Land Rover Discovery - post up what you might have for sale or know of - been looking for a while with no luck

97discosd

Adventurer
I have a used one for sale. Pulled it out of my disco due to the out put shaft splines are damaged. I have a brand new out put shaft. From what I understand it's quite the undertaking to replace the shaft. Thus it sits in my garage until I figure out what to do with it.

jjstahl3

Explorer
Looking for the whole truck with a manual trans vs auto trans - will keep the option of switching in a manual to a existing truck as a backup plan

yes the 110 should be headed north saturday at 1

jjstahl3

Explorer
Still looking for a stock manual transmission discovery - was my first rover back in 95 and want to chase that dream again - pm me what you have

jrose609

Explorer
http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3893260254.html

For sale- a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5-Speed, $6500 OBO

I am a Land Rover mechanic and I've done a ton of work to this Discovery. It has been well taken care of but now it's time for someone else to enjoy it. These are extremely capable off-road vehicles and a lot of fun to drive. The truck has 146,000 miles with replacement engine.

The things that I have done are as follows:

-Replacement of the engine with a unit that had 65K on it. When I put the engine in I took it down to the heads and inspected everything. Extremely clean inside and out, looks like the head gaskets were already replaced around 10K ago. I checked compression, replaced gaskets as necessary, new plugs, plug wires, and anything that looked like it needed it. From there I replaced the clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate and slave cylinder with new. I replaced all of the exhaust gaskets and exhaust hangers. I changed all of the fluids in the truck from front to rear, adding redline MTL to the transmission. I put in a 1 year old Optima deep cycle blue top battery.

-Truck has brand new Cooper AT3 tires 255/75-16, Old Man Emu 2" lift and shocks, including steering dampener, with around 10K on them. Light guards front and rear have been freshly powder coated. I put in new turn signal lenses, an ARB front winch bumper with new lenses, new Hella 4000 Euro beam lights and Firestik CB antenna. It's wired for a winch. I put on a Wilderness Expedition rack and rear ladder, rear recovery point, all matching factory mud flaps, and a front steering guard/skid plate made of aluminum.

-Inside it has new factory matching waterproof seat covers, optional rubber floor mats including rear load space mat, all in excellent shape. Radio works great, as well as the heat and air conditioning. Seats are all in good shape. There is an aftermarket sunroof that doesn't leak a drop. Other things I have added- a fire extinguisher, some new trim from Land Rover and rain guards on the windows.

There are additional options that can go along with the truck, if interested:
-Heavy-duty front drive shaft, Warn M8000 winch with the controller and solenoid box, Detroit Locker for the rear with the differential, Great Basin heavy duty rear half shafts, guard for the rear diff, 2" body lift, 3" Rover Tym suspension lift, including rear radius arms, spacer for alignment of rear axle. $2000 gets you all this including the white 1996 Disco that it all came from. It has 126K on the odometer with a good engine that runs and automatic transmission. It has Bilstein shocks with external reservoirs that need to be rebuilt. This also includes a set of steel factory spares. I'm pretty sure there are heavy duty front cv axles with grease fittings and a front locker as well. Some of these parts are still on the truck and some have already been removed, but all can be included if desired.

I am not interested in trades. Cash offers only.

Call 828-231-4365 for any questions or email me at andrewkonopka@rocketmail.com

KyleT

Explorer
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84021

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3893260254.html

For sale- a 1996 Land Rover Discovery 5-Speed, $6500 OBO

I am a Land Rover mechanic and I've done a ton of work to this Discovery. It has been well taken care of but now it's time for someone else to enjoy it. These are extremely capable off-road vehicles and a lot of fun to drive. The truck has 146,000 miles with replacement engine.

The things that I have done are as follows:

-Replacement of the engine with a unit that had 65K on it. When I put the engine in I took it down to the heads and inspected everything. Extremely clean inside and out, looks like the head gaskets were already replaced around 10K ago. I checked compression, replaced gaskets as necessary, new plugs, plug wires, and anything that looked like it needed it. From there I replaced the clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate and slave cylinder with new. I replaced all of the exhaust gaskets and exhaust hangers. I changed all of the fluids in the truck from front to rear, adding redline MTL to the transmission. I put in a 1 year old Optima deep cycle blue top battery.

-Truck has brand new Cooper AT3 tires 255/75-16, Old Man Emu 2" lift and shocks, including steering dampener, with around 10K on them. Light guards front and rear have been freshly powder coated. I put in new turn signal lenses, an ARB front winch bumper with new lenses, new Hella 4000 Euro beam lights and Firestik CB antenna. It's wired for a winch. I put on a Wilderness Expedition rack and rear ladder, rear recovery point, all matching factory mud flaps, and a front steering guard/skid plate made of aluminum.

-Inside it has new factory matching waterproof seat covers, optional rubber floor mats including rear load space mat, all in excellent shape. Radio works great, as well as the heat and air conditioning. Seats are all in good shape. There is an aftermarket sunroof that doesn't leak a drop. Other things I have added- a fire extinguisher, some new trim from Land Rover and rain guards on the windows.

There are additional options that can go along with the truck, if interested:
-Heavy-duty front drive shaft, Warn M8000 winch with the controller and solenoid box, Detroit Locker for the rear with the differential, Great Basin heavy duty rear half shafts, guard for the rear diff, 2" body lift, 3" Rover Tym suspension lift, including rear radius arms, spacer for alignment of rear axle. $2000 gets you all this including the white 1996 Disco that it all came from. It has 126K on the odometer with a good engine that runs and automatic transmission. It has Bilstein shocks with external reservoirs that need to be rebuilt. This also includes a set of steel factory spares. I'm pretty sure there are heavy duty front cv axles with grease fittings and a front locker as well. Some of these parts are still on the truck and some have already been removed, but all can be included if desired.

I am not interested in trades. Cash offers only.

Call 828-231-4365 for any questions or email me at andrewkonopka@rocketmail.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears