WTB: Montero Headlight & Window Switches for MK1/Gen1

plh

Explorer
Looking for a headlight switch and front passenger window switches.

Headlight Switch - Are you looking for the entire multi function switch cluster? MB543920 MB543921 without cruise, without headlamp washer. I don't think there are any new OEM or new aftermarket available any longer. Outside chance I might have a used one, but I can't check until late next week. Car-part.com?

Last edited:

z168

Headlight Switch - Are you looking for the entire multi function switch cluster? MB543920 MB543921 without cruise, without headlamp washer. I don't think there are any new OEM or new aftermarket available any longer. Outside chance I might have a used one, but I can't check until late next week. Car-part.com?

Yes I am looking for the entire switch stalk. with headlamp washer would be great but ok without. Thanks as well for the part numbers

Hey Chris & Konz - I can paypal you the postage amount or email you a mailing label. whichever is easier - thank you!

Thank you for the replies and very much appreciate the help. I didnt realize Gen 1 parts are hard to come by. But with a little help of friends here and armed with part numbers, I think it will be alright :coffee::cool:

plh

Explorer
I didnt realize Gen 1 parts are hard to come by.

Well they are 35 years old +/- and only around 70k total of them were imported to USA across all model years including Raider and Montero name plates. Not many left on the road, and with that small of a number, aftermarket is very limited unless the part is used across several vehicle models. The same issue with any old low volume vehicle. Sweet spot for aftermarket parts for any vehicle is 15 +/- 5 years, OEM back then was only required to support for 10 years after last MY for body style - so 1991 means 2001 for OEM support. Anything left is just luck.

z168

Well they are 35 years old +/- and only around 70k total of them were imported to USA across all model years including Raider and Montero name plates. Not many left on the road, and with that small of a number, aftermarket is very limited unless the part is used across several vehicle models. The same issue with any old low volume vehicle. Sweet spot for aftermarket parts for any vehicle is 15 +/- 5 years, OEM back then was only required to support for 10 years after last MY for body style - so 1991 means 2001 for OEM support. Anything left is just luck.

I got spoiled with other imports that support cars even from the 70s. But that only makes the gen1 a lot more special (or at least thats what I tell my wife haha)

• Haha
Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle