WTB Super Pacific Build Spot

TravelinJohn

Hi all,

My wife and I just decided to splurge for a Super Pacific X1 camper for our pre-kids Christmas present for ourselves. Does anyone have a build spot you are willing to sell?

We are hoping to maximize our time exploring in 2022 before a little one arrives.

Thanks everyone. Hope you have a joy filled holiday season.

billiebob

Gorgeous unit, the kind if "canopy" I'd want too.
But a 12 month lead time is ridiculous. And a different build for each "pickup" is even crazier.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread and I'll delete it if you want but we have lost our way.

There was a time RV builders built 2 models, longbox or shortbox. Ford, Chev, Dodge no matter, Ford Chev, Dodge all built identical boxes and when you wanted a camper.... they were always in stock. Buy it in the morning, go camping in the afternoon. Henry Ford must be laughing himself silly. He sold you a car in any colour you wanted as long as you wanted black lol. A 12 month wait for a fancy canopy WOW.

PS, I love this fancy canopy. Hope you get one before the baby arrives. Rant over. Merry Christmas.

TravelinJohn

But a 12 month lead time is ridiculous. And a different build for each "pickup" is even crazier.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread and I'll delete it if you want but we have lost our way.

There was a time RV builders built 2 models, longbox or shortbox. Ford, Chev, Dodge no matter, Ford Chev, Dodge all built identical boxes and when you wanted a camper.... they were always in stock. Buy it in the morning, go camping in the afternoon. Henry Ford must be laughing himself silly. He sold you a car in any colour you wanted as long as you wanted black lol. A 12 month wait for a fancy canopy WOW.

PS, I love this fancy canopy. Hope you get one before the baby arrives. Rant over. Merry Christmas.

Thanks! We are hoping to avoid that 12 month wait time. Fingers crossed ?

TravelinJohn

Have they even delivered the first production unit yet?
I found nothing on line.

Yes, they have units out. There is an active thread on Tacomaworld (where I cross posted asking for an available build spot) with a good amount of current owners commenting about them. Most of the reviews are really positive.

djb5118

The company is a little over a year old and launched during a global supply chain crisis. It’s not the same as a crappy particleboard RV box.

billiebob

The company is a little over a year old and launched during a global supply chain crisis. It’s not the same as a crappy particleboard RV box.
All agreed, as stated they are gorgeous units. Global supply chain crisis is definitely an issue but they build one unit at a time and with the multiple designs for every different truck platform they can never achieve a production line capability...... true some of that diversity is on the backs of the truck manufacturers deliberately sabotaging the ability of the after market to sell a standardized product so they can corner the accessory market and maybe void warranties when you add after market parts..... but the RV industry has taken a step back 110 years to the time before the Model T when every car was a one off. Which is why a camper box costs $30K instead of $10K.

Which is why the Model T was soo inexpensive. Ford could just produce as many as possible. There were no worries about how many red, white or blue ones do people want. No costly year end clear out of the brown, green and yellow cars no one was buying. Dealer got 1 model in 1 colour. Similar to the RV industry 30, 40. 50, 60 years ago. i model fit every domestic truck made. No one wanted a full camper for a short box, those guys got a canopy with a slide in interior.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998