WTB: Topper/Wedge Camper (GFC, Topo, SuperPacific, etc) for 2014 F150 6.5' bed supercrew

KatManDoo

Looking for a topper/canopy camper that will fit my 2014 F150 6.5’ bed SuperCrew.

Some Examples (or similar):
  • GFC Platform Camper
  • Topo Topper Mesa
  • Super Pacific X1
  • AT Summit
  • Vagabond Nomad
  • Lone Peak (not yet released)
I'd prefer a wedge but would consider a full lift if the price is right. Just looking for a cap/topper style, no slide-ins.

I have a nice A.R.E topper (Z model) in Ford tuxedo black, carpeted with slider front window (I think window folds in for cleaning), with Yakima rails and round crossbars that I wouldn’t mind throwing into the deal if someone was interested, not necessary though, I have the cash.

Would like to keep it in the $6k-$7k range but there could be a bit of movement there.

I’m in MN near Twin Cities, willing to travel.

Thanks!
Kevin.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Are you looking for new or used? I am a big fan of the Topo Topper Mesa and buying it from them new will be about in your price range. Went and saw them in person and if/when I get something like that, I will absolutely go with them.

KatManDoo

Are you looking for new or used? I am a big fan of the Topo Topper Mesa and buying it from them new will be about in your price range. Went and saw them in person and if/when I get something like that, I will absolutely go with them.

Thanks for the reply.

I would go either way, honestly. Just seems like there is a 3-6 month lead time on anything new. I do like the Topo but once you add any options it's not much less than a GFC, which is fine but they have an install date of August at the earliest. I am really interested in the Lone Peak, they appear to be the most economically priced with the standard options, but they aren't installing until October. I was hoping to get into a rig a little sooner than that without having to build one.

Thanks again for the suggestion
Kevin.

KatManDoo

Have you looked into the Tune Outdoor camper?
That is one I hadn't heard of. Looks like a nice rig, a bit more than I was looking to spend but it already includes most the add-ons you'd pay more for in the other brands. And their lead time is only 2 months, that's great!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to look into those a bit more.

Kevin.

flagpondo

I've got a Tune on the way for my 2015 Taco and I'm STOKED! They seem absolutely perfect to me and lead time is a bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman