WTS: 2004 Volvo XC70 in MD - $6500

Toiyabe

Adventurer
SOLD

I have owned it for about 18 months, and purchased it from Moore Volvo in Richmond, which had taken it on trade from the original owner, who had purchased it there. The price was high for the mileage, but it was perfect

So, that being said, here are the specifics:

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD Wagon
Burgundy with a tan leather interior.
Seat heaters, very good AC, cruise, power seats, mirrors, door locks, steering, brakes, rain sensing wipers, traction control, ABS, trip meter, HIDs, roof rack, sunroof, etc...
Two sets of wheels and tires, each with about 15k miles on them. One 17" alloy wheels with Michelin Sport A/S3 tires, one original 16" alloy wheel set with Michelin X-Ice3 snow tires.
187000 miles.

What I have done to it:
Every fluid changed with synthetic or factory fluids, including the Active Center Differential filter and fluid.
Every filter changed.
Transmission fluid changed every 15k since new, it appears.
IPD polyurethane subframe bushings and lower engine mount.
All three other engine mounts replaced with new factory pieces.
Aluminum skidplate to replace the factory plastic one.
Factory Volvo foglight control kit, now with 20" 10w LED lightbar. Pure awesome.
Front control arm bushings and ball joints replaced.
Front struts and mounts replaced.
Spark plugs, coil connectors, external drive belts replaced.
Throttle body removed and cleaned.
All vacuum lines replaced with silicon hoses.
Resealed angle drive and rear differential housing.
Replaced brakes with T5 280mm front brakes. All rotors (Brembo), pads (Hawk HPS), and fluid (ATE Super Blue) replaced at same time.
iPod controller replacing the (not installed on this car) CD changer.
Installed factory mudflaps.
Curt utility tow hitch and Tekonsha electric trailer brake controller.

Everything will go with it, except the trailer brake controller, which I doubt you'd ever use, but it does include some extra fluids and parts, and a trailer hitch.

Last edited:

73datsun

Good luck with the sale.

Question, we have a 2007 XC70 and I've noticed general front end clunkiness. I'm guessing it's subframe bushings. See you upgrade to the IPD set. Were you happy with them?

mapper

Explorer
Good luck with the sale.

Question, we have a 2007 XC70 and I've noticed general front end clunkiness. I'm guessing it's subframe bushings. See you upgrade to the IPD set. Were you happy with them?

Ball joints or spring seats (strut mounts) are also common clunkiness causes.

These cars are awesome. I just did a quick run to Yellowstone and back and averaged about 29mpg on the trip, 31mpg on one tank (530 miles on the tank with 1-2 gallons remaining). All quiet, smooth and comfortable along the way. Some of that involved freeway with cruise set at 85 but also a lot of back roads at 60-65. Sadly I also hit a deer so my XC in back in the body shop, again :-(

Price and MAINTENANCE history (key!!!) is excellent on this XC. If I didn't already own one, and have too many other cars, I'd be wanting to buy this one.

A lot of nice upgrades. GLWS

Toiyabe

Adventurer
I'll post more pics tomorrow, I just finished an oil change and a quick wash.
I'll be polishing it and waxing it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78