XJ center console (i know, i know)

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Ok before everyone thinks this is just another post about cup holders, or lack of.

I am going to be building a center console for my 87 XJ. It has a manual trans and is 4wd so I have 2 shift levers and a park brake to work around. I'm wondering if/how other people have done theirs.

I bought 2 cam locks from mc master, one for the new locking console, and one for a locking cover over my stereo, both locks are keyed the same. I will be moving the deck down to the "area" the ash tray was, sliding the park brake lever forwards, adding the cupholders, and making the locking compartment section deaper. Also in there somewhere will be a switch panel. It will be framed with square tubing and covered with sheetmetal and I have a plasma for tricky angles.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
:safari-rig:I see you do have your cup holders in there, but be sure there are at least 4. 2 for the front and 2 for the back.:sombrero:. Oh waait, you can fit 3 in the back. Make that 3 holders for the backseat passengers..:peepwall:
Other than that, got know idea. I have the stock console in my 93

XJLI

Adventurer
I swapped a 97+ console into my 93, its pretty easy. doing it to my stepdad's 96 tomorrow after I finish swapping a new tcase in it.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
I swapped a 97+ console into my 93, its pretty easy. doing it to my stepdad's 96 tomorrow after I finish swapping a new tcase in it.

Yah I thought about doing that but I'm also building it for the option of locking my deck up. I have big plans for my XJ and let's just say I won't be able to secure my interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior