XP Camper

jayshapiro

Adventurer
My Vote

Hi Guys,

Just want to add my vote of confidence for the XPCamper.

I've known Marc for a while now and he is somebody who is knowledgeable and passionate about expedition travel. I think he's got a very good design, and it could really fit a nice gap that exists in the market.

I have personally seen his first prototype in San Francisco and was very impressed with the quality of work so far. Sure, this first one is purely hand built and they're spending a ton of time on it, but the care and quality of the shaping for the mold was pretty amazing.

Good luck to Marc. I'm sure there will be a lot of us that would be interested in a new viable option to the 40yr old Alaskan design, or the plywood consumer RV TC's.

Cheers,
Jay.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Still no updates on their site. Is this thing really going to happen? Inquiring minds want to know!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
yes it's going to. I spoke with Marc a couple days ago and he sounded pretty excited.

But it's an ambitious project so we need to be patient...

:)

Lynn

Expedition Leader
2aroundtheworld said:
yes it's going to. I spoke with Marc a couple days ago and he sounded pretty excited.

But it's an ambitious project so we need to be patient...

How 'bout some 'spy' photos?

jayshapiro

Adventurer
furreal

Yes, it is definitely for real. I have seen it 'in the flesh' with my own eyes.

I'm sure Marc is lurking out there somewhere, so I'll leave it to him to post when he's ready to show the world. It will be pretty exciting when it does go public though. He's got some great ideas put into a practical package.

If he can get the commercial elements right, then I think this could have a pretty big impact on the market.

Cheers,
Jay.

Octamog

Observer
Lynn said:
How 'bout some 'spy' photos?

I could show you some spy photos... but then I'd have to :ar15: you!

Marc is pulling the first pieces out of the molds, and starting the interior on the prototype. I actually put foot inside "001" this morning! :wings:

haven

Expedition Leader
Geocar is interesting -- thanks for posting the link.

The XP Camper will be considerably larger than the Geocar
designs. It will fit on a full-size truck chassis. And I
didn't see a pop-up roof on the Geocar. That's a
big part of the appeal of the XP Camper.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
john difool said:
there's an austrian company who builds that kinda design/concept since quite a while. www.geocar.com

I hadn't seen the Geocar site before. Thanks.

However, I see a big difference between the two. The Geocar is a softside tilt top. The XP is a hardside 'shoe box' type.

But now that you mention it, when are we going to get an update on the XP???????

john difool

Observer
yes pop-up... can't post a pic for some reason (firefox?) - check the "guanacco" for example. but yeah, it's smaller and it's a soft side. i talked to that austrian guy, seems globalxvehicles is gonna build the guanacco for the usa in the future (s' gonna fit on a 1.gen taco).

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Lynn,

Work is still in progress. I was over at Marc's house for a BBQ a couple weeks ago. We got to chat a lot. Project is coming along nicely.
I am also super anxious to see the final result.

I'll let him give you a better update when he feels it's appropriate...

thanks

Christian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan