Xtrailor Build

seekerbeta

Observer
I understand the misspelling on the title, I did it on Purpose.

Bought this trailer just over 2 months ago, as a base for our overlanding trailer. the trailer had seen some miles, and needed to have what im calling a mild refresh to bring it back

Day1.JPG
The day i brought it home, alot of the screws were rusted and needed to be ground. I knew i was putting a full set of panels in it, eventually the RTT will go on the rails.
Day2.JPG
Stripped all down, and testing out paints, i ended up settling on a coating of Anti-Rust Paint, followed up with a coating of Rock guard, followed by a coating of a uv resistant clear coat.
Day3.JPG
Easy to do the underside when you can lift it and set it on its tail, i focused the most time on this part of the trailer, getting its coating thick, and then letting it set up for 10 days to cure to a chip resistant coating
day4.JPG
Test Fitting all the sides after cutting, what you dont see is that after i did this, i decided to router out some grooves to make the base fit better, which pushed all my calculations off, resulting in me having to build some wood plates to jack the trailer up again
day5.JPG
3 coats of a Marine grade epoxy paint, not cheap at 150$ a gallon, but one gallon coated all this and left roughly 1qt for touchups.

day6.JPG
Test fitting a custom made vinyl top, made by a local tarp supply shop, its super tough, and seals the whole top of the trailer from leaks

day7.JPG
all the trailer wiring was run above the frame in Plastic electrical conduit, protects it from stuff rolling around and keeps it neat and tidy. first test will be this weekend, but all the running around in town I've done has shows how nice of an on-road presence it has.

this is the start, lots more to come, I have 4 x aluminum airline boxes that contain all our offroading stuff, going to be placing them in a rack made of 2x4 to hold them in and keep them from rolling around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior