Yaesu 7800 programming suggestions?

Luke

Observer
I got my Yaesu 7800 mounted and ready to roll, just need to program all my frequencies and what not. I'm curious how you all set up your radio to be the most user friendly? What do you keep in the Hyper memory? how do you have your memory banks organized? etc. I don't have the software or programming cable so I plan on printing off all my frequncy lists and set aside an hour or two to punch them all in. :safari-rig:

1leg

Explorer
1st- buy the program and cable, I change my freq list about every couple of months, matter of fact just did it this last weekend.

2nd I name my repeater like this "PAL673 for Palomar MT repeater 146.730.

3rd, I put all my local repeater in band 1, My local desert repeaters in band 2, AZ in band 3, nv in band 4 the band 5 has all repeater

KE5QVT

Observer
Ft-7800

I have the same radio. I have mine set up with Band 1 2m local repeaters, band 2 is 70cm locals, 3 is 2m repeaters I travel often too, 4 is the 70cm ones, band 4 is FRS I can monitor so when my scouts are in the woods I have a greater receive range to monitor them (dont tx).

I have the remote on my dash just in front of the gear shift, the amp is in the compartment on the passenger side 3rd row seat. using a mag mount on the roof.

:safari-rig:

Luke

Observer
Here's what I decided on that seems to be working pretty well. I have my in-state repeaters in Bank 1, local public service freqs in Bank 2, out of state repeaters in Bank 3, out of state public service freqs in Bank 4, and my satellite freqs in Bank 5. Then I used the Hyper memory buttons to access each bank. So I can easily change the memory bank by using the 1-5 buttons on the face. I would like the programming cable and software but for now this is working just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior