Yahama Super Ténéré - Who's going to buy one?

Wanderlusty

Explorer
I have spent the last several days in serious research mode on this bike. I have to be careful about doing lots of research. The results are usually expensive...

Anyway, current V-Strom 650 owner, and plan on getting many more miles out of that bike. To this point, I had been :drool: over the BMW GS, with hopes that when I was ready to upgrade, that would be the bike.

However, all things considered, I think that the Super Ten has moved to the top of my list. It has all the features I like the GS for, is cheaper, and most likely will be cheaper to maintain. It is my gut instinct that it would be overall an 'easier' bike to own than the GS in regards to maintenance, upkeep, repairs (or lack of repairs?) and the like. Also a much more vast dealer network (at least in the US). I even prefer the looks to some degree.

Still being content with my Strom and also not financially ready to take on a new bike, I will miss the first year (or two) that it is sold in the U.S., but barring another more interesting offering coming along, I would say that it is pretty high likelihood this will probably be my next bike.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I have seen a black Super Tenere on the street here last night (in Paris) and it was love at first sight.

it's going to be hard to justify selling my KTM950 and spending an extra 8K to get a Tenere...but otherwise I would get one.

I think within a year or 2, as soon as they start popping up on the used market it will be my next bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12