*yawn*

luckyjoe

Adventurer
Mine was confirmed July 14th. They’ll get to it, just no rhyme or reason why they haven’t yet…

nickw

Adventurer
LOL - have Scott ask those dudes when they are going to get their act together, maybe they should spend their time working on the pre-order production plan vs galivanting around Africa on a social media trip. That kind of stuff bugs me, I get things are pushed or issues come up, who hasn't been there, but gotta communicate effectively.

Ragman

A slug of folks got notice last weekend, myself included, that our build window is Q4, 2023. So progress is being made, but I am sure not fast enough for some folks.

crazysccrmd

Observer
I finally have a configuration in the website but a ( - ) for estimated build month. I’m in no rush but it’s nice to see progress.

utherjorge

Observer
Except Ford has been doing roll outs for over a 100 years. So IMO this brand new company, with their first ever roll out, gets a pass.
Sorry, they don't, though.

The hubris of doing all this hullabaloo without established places to buy it, much less service it...*chef's kiss."

1694426075101.png
So, there's no place within a six hour drive of me to see one, much less buy one? These have been spotted in the wild already, obviously...but there's no detailed list (with addresses) that show me where to get it serviced? See if you can find an address for the sales and service center in Philadelphia. But my favorite little nugget is this:

1694426210312.png

Oh. Ok. Customers are on their own if they are like me, and far away.

Of course, this is before the various design compromises...but that's for another thread.

utherjorge

Observer
Actually, I might be able to answer my own question regarding an address in Philadelphia. Someone on the Ineos forum listed contact information in Philadelphia with an e-mail address ending in "RDS Automotive Group," which appears to be some sort of high-end franchise in Philly that includes Mclaren, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Nissan (wat). This auto group seems to be well-liked and a very good place to work, not to mention to buy things from. So, perhaps that was a deciding factor.

I find it fascinating that they don't sell BMWs, which would be a primary choice, you'd think, considering BMW is considered high-end AND it's the powertrain of the Ineos rigs. I see 6 BMW locations in Philly, or within the typical radius.

Still no reason to buy one unless you like shiny new things no one else has, until they do.

NoDak

I started to seriously consider getting on the preorder but looking at that map it seems they are marketing it to the areas where it will most likely be utilized as a mall crawler by posers and “lifestyle” vehicle users.

Too bad such an overbuilt and robust vehicle I thought that would be a really good option for us rural folk out here on the ranches, farms and small towns of flyover country.

86scotty

Cynic
I started to seriously consider getting on the preorder but looking at that map it seems they are marketing it to the areas where it will most likely be utilized as a mall crawler by posers and “lifestyle” vehicle users.

Too bad such an overbuilt and robust vehicle I thought that would be a really good option for us rural folk out here on the ranches, farms and small towns of flyover country.

I agree but those are the population centers. Might not be a great idea to put the first dealer in Fargo. I'd say this is a tough call for any company and especially a new venture.

luckyjoe

Adventurer

I agree but those are the population centers. Might not be a great idea to put the first dealer in Fargo. I'd say this is a tough call for any company and especially a new venture.
When we purchased a ‘96 Discovery the LR dealer network was not that extensive. We had to drive to Philly area dealers from rural NJ. No biggie - I handled routine maintenance myself, scheduled warranty related dealer visits and enjoyed that vehicle for 16-years of daily service & extended travel.

This is no different, and I feel 90’s LR owners are somewhat well prepared for a new brand like Ineos. I’m really looking forward to getting my Grenadier off-road.

plh

Explorer

Nobody lives in the middle...

NoDak

When we purchased a ‘96 Discovery the LR dealer network was not that extensive. We had to drive to Philly area dealers from rural NJ. No biggie - I handled routine maintenance myself, scheduled warranty related dealer visits and enjoyed that vehicle for 16-years of daily service & extended travel.

This is no different, and I feel 90’s LR owners are somewhat well prepared for a new brand like Ineos. I’m really looking forward to getting my Grenadier off-road.
I prefer to do my own maintenance as well but any warranty work would require a two day drive just to get to an Ineos service center based on that map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears