Yeti Rambler - The Tumbler to Replace All Tumblers

EugeneTheTJ

Tar Heel
First off, I didn't know if this should go in this section or in the "Overland Chef" section so if a mod wants to move it, go ahead.

I wanted to post this up as a mini product review/recommendation.

For Christmas I got my wife a 30 oz. Yeti Rambler. Long story short, it sat untouched for about a month so I commandeered it.

I've been using the Rambler hardcore for the last month or so and I have to say, this thing is amazing. In the past I have used Nalgene bottles, Camelbaks, and for in-car use even Tervis tumblers. None come close to the Rambler.

We've all been there. Fill up a water jug and after a few hours on the trail/road go to take a swig only to find out it is as warm as the seat under your ***. It's disgusting. Last week it got up to 80 degrees here in NC. I left the Rambler (filled with ice water) in my Jeep (parked in the sun) from about 8am-6pm while I was at work. I hop in the driver seat and find out there is STILL ICE in the thing! The water was still ice cold, literally.

Granted, Nalgene bottles and Camelbaks still have their place for overland and outdoor use. However, if you want a good solid cup that you can take to work everyday and use inside the vehicle on expeditions, look no further than the Yeti Rambler.

At $30 (20 oz.) and $40 (30 oz.), they are a little pricey. The old adage "you get what you pay for" certainly applies here, though. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

FYI, my wife was so impressed she wanted her own. Being the great husband I am, she now is the proud owner of a 20 oz. Rambler.
20150402_062511_zpsxkzuptr6.jpg

20150402_062537_zpsjagqguwq.jpg

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I love mine as well. Great for long trips . I have had ice for a 10 hour trip and just top it off with my diet coke.

Bojak

Adventurer
I highly recommend these. They are expensive but really are awesome. I pour coffee in mine every morning at 6:30 and it is still warm at 10:30. By 11 it's still not at room temperature but hard to call warm. If you are a to go drink person, then even at the high price they are a good value.

xplrn42

Adventurer
Shoot, may have to pick up one of these with my REI dividend! Do they come with a Yeti sticker? LOL!

RonaldPottol

Check out Contigo travel mugs, you have to hold the button down to drink, so truly spill proof. Same steel vacuum cup kind of thing.

vabluefish

Observer
Funny, i happened to order one last week because of some reviews I read. Still waiting for it to be delivered, but I got it essentially free because i used the 20% off coupon and my dividends at REI. I'll update after I get to use it.

I do wish there was a optional lid that had a more spill proof opening.

urbex

Observer
Has anyone had one of these things long term? Keeping things hot or cold for hours isn't a concern to me, as I'll down 30+ ounces of coffee on the drive to work every morning :coffeedrink: so it could be sitting in a dixie cup and not be there long enough to get cold. The problem I've found with MANY of these types of cups is either a lid or retention device on the cup itself failing in short order. Either by way of cracking, out right breaking, seals breaking down or taking a loose set (so it leaks between the lid and cup body), etc. Eventually I got to the point of just saying the heck with them all, and just buying the $5 cups at the local gas station every few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78