Yj springs

Fooman1856

First I would like to say hello this is my first post I think. Anyways I am gathering info on a 5x8 trailer I want to build, I have decided to use Jeep YJ rear springs. I have seen people on the forums say that they took out one of the leaves from the spring pack to give it a better ride .I was wondering what spring to take out ? Thanks

97tjguzzy

Explorer
If you haven't already bought the yj springs, I would suggest running early CJ-5 springs. I run them on my 5x8 teardrop and they are the same width as a standard trailer spring so you can use normal trailer shackles, mounting brackets, ubolts etc. good news is you dont have to take any leafs out as they are already plenty soft.

97tjguzzy

Explorer
a1e13b1d3426ef12a6e38e8d6fea1996.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fooman1856

Thanks for the reply not to sure if I would be able to find any from that year around here. But I will have a look around. Do you run brakes on your trailer . I am going to be pulling with my Tj as well .

97tjguzzy

Explorer
Thanks for the reply not to sure if I would be able to find any from that year around here. But I will have a look around. Do you run brakes on your trailer . I am going to be pulling with my Tj as well .

And yes, I do run electric brakes on the trailer, best decision i have made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears