YOLANDA...My Turbine Princess build 03 7.3 E350 pop top 4x4

ITTOG

Gotta keep some chrome or my flairs will look odd..

Hydraulic jack.. hi lift to spread it apart.. and hours of using a planishing hammer to get it close!!

It’s not perfect.. but a Lund Visor should hide that ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is taking DIY to a new level. It looks really good.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
After seeing the pics with the roof caved in, I would never have believed you could get it that straight again. Well done! You bring new meaning to “where there’s a will there’s a way.”

Are you going to add an intercooler now that you have the ‘08+ front end?

TyVanosaurus_Rex

So happy you're able to get your rig put back together! I can only imagine how much that sucked to see - but the rebuild is looking GREAT!
Curious about your spare tire carrier - Is that a product, or something you crafted?
Looking for something similar for my van as I don't quite have the funds for a fancy 3k+ aluminum swing-arm/bumper mounted spare tire display :ROFLMAO:

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
After seeing the pics with the roof caved in, I would never have believed you could get it that straight again. Well done! You bring new meaning to “where there’s a will there’s a way.”

Are you going to add an intercooler now that you have the ‘08+ front end?

Yuuuupp.. baby steps thou.. she’s going to need glow plugs and the next year so I figure while I’m in there I’ll go ahead and put the super duty in a cooler Spyder valve and then I can do the intercooler piping. Right now I’m kind of tired of spending money on there and I want a Drive her!! first campout is planned for the rings and coffee Macedonia Ohio. We’re staying at Mill Creek Campground on the weekend of 26 August.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
So happy you're able to get your rig put back together! I can only imagine how much that sucked to see - but the rebuild is looking GREAT!
Curious about your spare tire carrier - Is that a product, or something you crafted?
Looking for something similar for my van as I don't quite have the funds for a fancy 3k+ aluminum swing-arm/bumper mounted spare tire display :ROFLMAO:

It is a Ford factory rear spare tire carrier from a 2003 and newer van. I got it off of craigslist for 40 bucks and the guy gave me two other ones that are pre-93 because of a different hinge design that if somebody ever gets close and needs one and can use one, they are more than welcome to have it.

Check your local junkyards check car part.com check rockauto.com they may have one listed and scour the Facebook marketplace and craigslist the van guys horde everything !!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer

Oh, and the nice thing is is both the box and the spare tire carrier amounted to the door so in case of emergency, we can go right out the back doors without having swing arms in the way!!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
So today’s update I picked the Bumper material up earlier this week and had some ideas on what I wanted to do.

Ran out of time and daylight tonight but I got everything bent where it needs to be.

I need to do a full weld.

I’m probably going to put a filler piece in the wheel well and trim it to match the arch but overall I’m really impressed.

The van now has two 6000 pound receiver, hitches welded directly to the frame rails and including the 8000 pound Curtiss front hitch

The bumpers 10 gauge mild steel that I’m going to probably make some upper hoops for later right now I’m just enjoying the clean look.

The plan is to paint it with hammer tune, either black or dark graphite. Hammertone paint is like kind of a mix between raptor liner and powder coating. It’s very very tough seems to be pretty scratch resistant, but you can do touchups easily from a rattle can without any significant Pattern deviation so it blends very well

Still got to get the windshield wiper assembly back on the Cowell on it. Turns out the part I bought was the one that’s not broken so I just ordered two windshield washer sprayers I need to trim a little bit of the caulking. All of the solar was put back in all of the interior. Electronics has been put back in . She’s ready to get the nut and bolt and tires checked and take a trip.!!

c653e200cd681c39ee11270c96d8b45d.jpg

18db19af2a3d368afb8fb654397a1237.jpg

d637789a5f7789a751637a6491755a37.jpg

b1f2b4a3cad3d3c3b20bb090ffbe1ab7.jpg

85a999a842bdcafe554c01a0be3d83bd.jpg

60a41344a3c554395ad38680c80d0052.jpg

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Here’s a pictures of the new glued on solar panels.

Iwent from 200 watt Renogy (broke one still WOEKS) to 380 flat panels.

I’m pretty impressed with them so far I haven’t had much of a power load in the van so I don’t know what their actual max charging rate is and turns out that apparently my house batteries are in great shape because they did not lose any voltage sitting in the garage for 47 days.

Still got to put some things back together get some things trimmed. I did get the vent visors installed and the windows tinted.

I forgot to mention I’ve got to cut a hole in the new bumper for the intercooler and so I can reach in and pull the hitch pins out some ideas for some brush guards but right now I’m just gonna go with the clean look that we have.
4a59ca209731fba6224538298e67bb19.jpg

fe7466d3cc9c7f8c9f4ae2cb647275a6.jpg

ITTOG

Where did you buy the solar panels from? Do you have a link?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Where did you buy the solar panels from? Do you have a link?

Amazon and don’t buy them!!

I just replaced them with 300 watts of glass Renogy panels.

Those panels over 80° ambient temperature they were only putting out like 15 or 20 W of power. So anything over 60° outside they basically were worthless. ..

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
24212fdc60344a9afabc557c8da7c32c.jpg

Got her out for her first camp out. She did really good getting about the same fuel mileage as before no weird, whistles, or wind noise pretty happy with how everything worked out

Definitely needed to upgrade the fog lights and readjust the headlights so I put the big 9 inches back on and I really just didn’t like how they look so I’m got two pair of the rectangular ones like I have on my F150 to mounted low and then I’m gonna put you up on the windshield. I’m just waiting for those amounts to show up.
4768d9a333c5879ea82255e0cd0306bc.jpg

bd1fb0db0b107131932d741df1c9f7a3.jpg

dc7496e74d9884f6646bfd5287e3f887.jpg

9dc64fa1bcc6b9a8a1e191f44b728687.jpg

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Last Riggs n coffee yesterday.. got the nose art applied… using a cleaning and heat to make it stick!
6f44abfb8ae7a690701a8d871387a6da.jpg

97acdb5321a2c841c8e645ca564f30d3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior