Yotalockers.com - ELockers for All Offroad Toyotas

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Happy to report that Harrop Eaton ELockers are now available for all offroad Toyotas - both North American and offshore models, including FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Tacomas, Tundras, Mini Trucks, T100s, Sequoias, Prados, Surfs, Hi Luxes, etc.

We import and stock Harrops to replace non-OEM factory lockers in back and offer a non-air locker for the front.

Visit www.Yotalockers.com for fitment, part numbers, pricing and tech info.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
any for 2013 Tundra

Sorry, sir. Big 9" high pinion front not available. They could probably make that happen with enough demand. Any guess on how the market would like that?

Also, should your wife like a nice birthday surprise for the 4Runner, we can help! :smiley_drive:

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
PINK UNICORN ALERT -
THE WORLD'S FIRST HARROP EATON ELOCKER FOR TACOMA / TUNDRA / T-100 / SEQUOIA / PRE RUNNER REARS

The first one off the production line is now in my 2002 Tacoma. We have delivered several others and are taking orders for these babies. The guys at Torfab in Everett, WA jumped in with both feet to make this happen in a hurry. As always, strong technical skills together with great customer service made for an excellent experience.

The very first Harrop Eaton ELocker model # A13457 - 12 bolt, 8.4" traction solution. Selected high points from the install gallery, with more to follow. Fitting an 80/100 Series OEM 2-locker switch is fit to replace the clock, which I cannot see anyway.

The 2-locker switch will soon support a front Harrop model # A11167.

These Tacoma / Tundra Harrops are in production and we are taking orders for January delivery. Tell your friends and stay tuned!

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
will these work on 2wd Prerunner 2nd Gen Tacoma models?

Yessir, if the truck is equipped with non-locker rear axle with 8.4" ring gear.

Trucks with the factory locker can also be accommodated, but the OEM locker with 8" ring gear requires a different carrier and some modifications. Unlike the factory elocker, the Harrop is simpler with all components contained within the axle housing.

One reason we fought to get this model Harrop developed is because we see the PreRunner to be a well equipped all-around rig what with the heavy / lifted suspension and wheels / tires - it just needs a little extra traction in some situations.

We would love to get a Harrop in a PreRunner to hear about the impact on usability and offroad capability of the truck.

i bike

Sorry, sir. Big 9" high pinion front not available. They could probably make that happen with enough demand. Any guess on how the market would like that?

Also, should your wife like a nice birthday surprise for the 4Runner, we can help! :smiley_drive:

I'd also be interested for my 2016 Tundra

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
I'd also be interested for my 2016 Tundra

Well, I guess that makes two! :)

We made some representations to Harrop regarding demand when we sold them on developing the Tacoma/Tundra 8.4" rear axle. We are shipping and installing the first batch and so far, everyone is pretty darned happy.

As for the 2007 and later Tundras, if there is enough demand, it is highly probable that a Harrop model to suit could be created.

Total production since 2007 is over a million units in total - anyone out there know what portion are 4WD?

Let your Tundra buddies know and if they are interested, please have them post up here with indications and we will try to get something going.

Thanks!

lhanson

Adventurer
Tork Fab is down the street from me. Looks like you have an offering for the 2000 tundra! Nice to see some aftermarket support. I like the idea of an electric locker over air.

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Tork Fab is down the street from me. Looks like you have an offering for the 2000 tundra! Nice to see some aftermarket support. I like the idea of an electric locker over air.
Yes, Tor, Adam and the crew are in downtown Everett - they have taken care of my trucks for years and do a great job. They have installed three Harrops, including the new "American Harrop" that fits my 2002 Tacoma and your Tundra. A second Harrop is going in front of my truck.

The rear Harrop is an easy install - snaps below. We often use an 80 Series two-locker switch. The Harrop kits come with Carling style rocker switches, but the single switch cleans up the install and IMHO provides a safer control environment- you don't want to actuate the front without the rear.

Ward Harrop 1.jpg

Ward Harrop 2.jpg

Ward Harrop 3.jpg

Ward Harrop 4.jpg

Webfoot

Observer
the single switch cleans up the install and IMHO provides a safer control environment- you don't want to actuate the front without the rear.

Why? I have a limited slip rear and if some day I feel the need for more traction I intend to add a front locker. Others have run this combination and not reported problems.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I don't understand why they are so expensive. If these where more competitively priced to an arb, Id consider it.

But it's not.

So arbs all around

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
I don't understand why they are so expensive. If these where more competitively priced to an arb, Id consider it. /QUOTE]
You are correct - they cost more. ARB sells 40,000 air lockers per year and cranks them out on a large scale. Harrop is a low volume engineering firm and efficiencies of scale are completely different.

ARBs are fine and work well for most folks, as they apparently do for you.

That said, prices are comparable if you compare with cost of compressor and increased price of installation.

Finally, we have seen a number of ARBs de-installed to have Harrops replace them. The reasons stated by those purchasers have to do with air line leaks, o ring failure, relay / switch / wiring failure and generally higher levels of maintenance required - their words, no ours.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To support those "converts" we offer a $75 rebate on the Harrops to help cover the cost of replacement. We require proof of ARB install to document, but happy to help with the cost. Pull the ARB, sell it to a friend and everybody wins!

Bottom line - the ARBS and the Harrop / Eaton solution are comparable, but so are a Jeep and a Toyota :)

Last edited:

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Why? I have a limited slip rear and if some day I feel the need for more traction I intend to add a front locker. Others have run this combination and not reported problems.
You are right - the combo of LSD (or autolocker) in back plus a manual locker in front can work fine. My comment was in the context of two manual lockers in the same rig, not the combination of an LSD or auto-locker in back plus manual locker in front.

My preference is to lock the rear first, then the front. If your rear has an LSD or autolocker back there, it will (hopefully) already be actively managing your rear axle - there is no control by the operator - and you will only have a switch for the front (manual) locker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online