You guys and your Jeeps...

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
:sombrero: Yup, our JK owner did a good deed, good guy

I'm not sure about his Tentrax, but they aren't really a "tent trailer", oh you can get them with a small tent, or modify for one (like mine) but they're for ONE/TWO people

The Tentrax trailer was designed years ago for light duty (jeep) excursions, they're fairly small and will follow even EXTREME jeeps, wherever they go

Kinda like a corvette--quick in, quick out and they're very light, mine fully loaded is 900 lbs, they not really Expedition trailers, they're like a PT boat was to a Destroyer

Mine's the Same color as his too

:costumed-smiley-007:costumed-smiley-007 JIMBO

Interesting, I'd never seen one before, although I recognize the name. I like em though, nice and small and light. Very cool.

HelaJames

Observer
Maxama10,

If you are in fallon you can come and check out my trailer if you want. just send me a private message.

According to some, I should not have been able to pull you out since I do not have the Hemi swap on my jeep!!!:ylsmoke::ylsmoke:

I have now proved 2 things, you can tow in the mountains with a v6 JK and pull a guy out for the snow!! :victory:

Jim

boellis87

Observer
Wow...not too many people 'round these parts that would try to pull you out and then leave when they couldn't. If it were me, I would have stuck around til I made sure you were out. You never know if you might need more than one vehicle or person to get something done.

In regards to the trucks, I'd say the Chevy guy just didn't know how to drive, that's all :sombrero:. (yep, I'm a Chevy fan, but i own a Jeep too if that makes up for it).

My truck was a Toyota rescue vehicle this winter too. No 18" of snow, but the lady's 4wd Tacoma was over a steep bank in about 7-8". Had the traffic backed up while pulling her out. Told her she didn't owe me anything, but she found out who I was (small town) and sent me a gift card anyway. Nice lady. Like you guys, I think it just fun to get to pull people out, after all it's not every day you get to use the little lever on the floor to do a good deed.

Kudos to the man and the Jeep!

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Wow...not too many people 'round these parts that would try to pull you out and then leave when they couldn't. If it were me, I would have stuck around til I made sure you were out. You never know if you might need more than one vehicle or person to get something done.

Ditto that, and if you are really remote it could be hours or more before another person comes by. That would be horrible to leave a person on the side of the road then the next day hear news stories about someone freezing to death in their car.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Was this incident in MT?

No, that was in west-central Nebraska in the North Platte area. We think the muggers probably weren't locals because he didn't recognize the truck and I didn't recognize it by his description, and he didn't look at their license plate. Big old red neck trucks like that are a dime a dozen around there, guys will buy the rustiest old beater they can find and put 8 inches of suspension lift, 2 inches of body lift, and trim the fenders just so they can fit 42+ inch super swampers on it, then they go out and legally\illegally (trespassing) wheel at places in mud holes and leave huge ruts all over the place and tons of empty beer bottles and crap. Those red neck trucks were our mortal enemies.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Interesting, I've pheasant hunted nearly the whole of western Nebraska, I would not guess North Platte would be like that...

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Interesting, I've pheasant hunted nearly the whole of western Nebraska, I would not guess North Platte would be like that...

North Platte is a pretty mixed up town. Local politics suck, like the city administrator makes roughly $58 an hour and is contemplating the budget and wondering where they could cut back. And one of the county commissioners owns a local architecture firm, right now they are in the process of building a new county jail, and who's firm do you think got selected for one of the two final plans? Luckily, his firm wasn't used in the end, but it is still shifty business. And never EVER buy gas in North Platte. Its worth heading 14 miles west to Hershey for your fuel. A few years ago several gas stations got in trouble by the state attorney general for falsely advertising their fuel prices on their sign. It might say $2.799 a gallon, but they don't tell you it is only one pump at that price, the rest of the pumps are $3.149 a gallon. So now they at least tell you which pump is cheaper, but that is still beyond stupid to do that. Another reason to not buy gas there is because you aren't necessarily getting what you think you are getting. A bunch of local gas stations failed their inspections, when they tested the fuel they were finding as much as 50-60% blends of ethanol that were labeled as E10, which could seriously screw up your car if it isn't capable of handling that. Other stations were selling ethanol without it being labeled as such at all also. The gas stations were doing this (until they got caught) because it is cheaper for them to fill their storage tanks with a higher blend of ethanol, and more profitable to sell it at the lower blend price. If you do research on North Platte in the earlier part of the 20th century, you'll find it had the nick name "Little Chicago" because it was so lawless and wild, it still is these days but there is a shiny facade over it to hide the ugly truth.

(yes, I do have a chip on my shoulder. I moved out of North Platte almost exactly a year ago and even though most of my friends and my family are still there, I have absolutely zero plans to ever go back even for a short visit)

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
I'm pretty convinced many stations that have E85 delivery have a little higher than E10 in their gasoline pumps, I don't think that is at all particular to North Platte.

Just drove through the other day actually had enough fuel from Kearney to keep going...

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Just drove through the other day actually had enough fuel from Kearney to keep going...

From Kearney to Ogalalla is only 150 miles so that should be doable for pretty much any vehicle on the interstate, same for Kearney to Lincoln.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
That's not the Toyotas fault...THat's driver error with a side of bad/small/bald tires...

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78