You have to see this !!

roscoFJ73

Adventurer
Cool video,but one good reason why auhorities are closing tracks in oz to vehicles towing trailers.
If you have a hundred trailers a week going through a track like that ,it never gets a chance to recover and before long the greenies want it closed altogether.

If you cant tent it,go to a resort.

lonestrom

Adventurer
I have a 16ft camp trailer that I pull up dirt ROADS,but I have thought about moding it for more extreme travel.The reason I would do this is because I have some serious neck and back problems that keep me from sleeping on anything but a really good mattress,so this way I could get to more remote places and be comfy,ALSO I'm a candy *** what can I say !!.

cruiserlarry

One Crazy FJ
I have enough trouble negotiating my rig by itself through some of those types of terrain...can't imagine pulling a trailer that large through that stuff...

Of course, I might change my mind if I had access to a Landcruiser with a turbo diesel and a 5-speed manual trans...:bike_rider:

CruiserManny

Were those the Ball Boyz? Or the Gall Boys? Cuz they had some balls doing those trails. Also, must be sleeping and eating in style.

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
The Gall Boys - Background info

A bit of background on these guys, having seen some of the Gall Boys "exploits" (using that term very loosely).

• Their website is www.thegallboys.com.
  • They have a whole series of these videos and I've painfully watched just about every one of them while recovering from surgery earlier this year.
  • The father started a trailer business (caravas as they are called in Oz).
  • The first trip started as a boys trip away to test one of their new trailers and evolved from there to see just how far they could push the limits of their trailers and equipment.
  • There is a large Toyota dealership right next to their business in Brisbane QLD (Kedron Caravans) that's been a long time sponsor/supporter of their trips by providing vehicles. They have broken a few landcruiser during their various adventures.
  • The don't plan too far ahead and get in all kinds of trouble.
  • I've heard that the CREB track seen in the opening shots has been closed to the public and you risk a $3800 fine if you get caught on it.
  • Will watch their antics but not a big fan of how they are portraying four wheel drivers or the fact that they don't care too much about the tracks they use.

Cheers,
P

luk4mud

Explorer
Looks like they have their own recovery vehicle along with them... would make me a little braver too, but no THAT brave.

Aids10

xploraz.net
I have never seen a camper of that size anywhere near a trail such as the ones the Gall Boys seem to brave... thanks for the video. Makes me want a off-road capable Casita. Maybe AT can build something like that!!! I would be the first in line :)

Exactly! I had apprehensions about my Casita working offroad if modded with a lift by means of a new wider sprung axle... Not any more :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998