your back porch

SeaRubi

Explorer
so - what's it look like from your back porch? mine's a little ... different :)

DSCN1908.JPG

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I seem to remember I have a back porch...but to many 12 hour shifts kinda make me forget about it....

flywgn

Explorer
We have two back porches. The one in Idaho changes with the seasons. The one in Baja can change also, depending on the capricious winds.

Allen R

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Tucson T4R said:
My porch view.

That sunset :Wow1: :Wow1: :Wow1:

Great, great photo. What is it about sunsets in the desert? You don't see the sky like that in most places.

:beer:

TeleScooby

Adventurer
SeaRubi said:
so - what's it look like from your back porch? mine's a little ... different :)

Dude...Searubi, as far as I can tell, you live on the roof of the building I work in...and am typing this from right now...what building do you live in???

I'm in the Commuter Building on Western...

As for the rest of you...jealous is all I can say...:suning:

articulate

Expedition Leader
If I ever learn where Ed lives, we're gonna tee-pee that place. :wings:
I'm diggin' Shontz's photo.

Funny, I took this photo last week because - dammit - my blessed Palo Verde tree (the Arizona state tree, dontcha know?) I planted when we moved in blew over in a windstorm last week. Broke the trunks and all. Pissed me off. Thus, a crappy ugly photo of my sadness.

pwc

Explorer
I live in a high density area....

060604-142736-0078_std.jpg

Ok, maybe not, but I came across that photo and it freaks people out sometimes. :)

Trees, trees and more trees. This is about 22 miles as the crow flies from SeaRubi's place

060709-221958-8951_std.jpg

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
That sunset :Wow1: :Wow1: :Wow1:

Great, great photo. What is it about sunsets in the desert? You don't see the sky like that in most places.

:beer:

Thanks. One contributing factor is the dust in the air. The best sunsets usualy follow a windy day. When the air is loaded with dust you get some amazing, wide spread sunsets.:sombrero:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
AHHH! I love the views in TUK SONE! My parents moved down there a couple of years ago from Southern Cal. I thought a view of the ocean with Catalina was pretty at the house I grew up in, but I've NEVER seen better sunsets than I have at their Tucson home. I love it!
As far as colors and odd views, snow everywhere, hail, the foothills get so green that it looks like hawaii until you focus your eyes and realize you are looking at saguaros!
Good stuff. Thanks for the shot. Now I want to go and visit them. Phoenix is great, but UGLY...

I think an object could make a sunset more pretty, say the pyramids, but as far as color. I love good ol tuk sonia!

Tucson T4R said:
My porch view.

TucsonSunset040406.jpg

DSC01456_edited-1.jpg

My back porch doesn't exhist, but after talking about snow in tucson, here is the folks back porch in the freak snow storm this year:
IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior