Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Do you by chance frequent the rancho bernardo area? I work in the Cleveland National Forest H.Q. on Rancho Bernardo road and have seen your truck a few times.

Mike

Actually yes, I frequent that area. Always enjoy seeing the forest service raptors.

shmabs

Explorer
I knew that had to be you, your truck is rather is unique. If you see someone in a faded red 4runner with Oregon plates drooling over your truck, its me!

We have on guy at this office who works for the BLM and has a raptor, I can't understand how that's deemed a good fit for his uses.....

Mike

Zam15

Explorer
I knew that had to be you, your truck is rather is unique. If you see someone in a faded red 4runner with Oregon plates drooling over your truck, its me!

We have on guy at this office who works for the BLM and has a raptor, I can't understand how that's deemed a good fit for his uses.....

Mike

I'll keep an eye out!

Zam15

Explorer
Did some fine tuning on the OBA, replaced ARB's splash filters with lines coming from the intake tube for cooler, drier and cleaner air. The unit is now completely sealed from the elements :snorkel:

Last edited:

Zam15

Explorer
So I have my final piece of hardware coming in tomorrow from the land down under then I'll be dropping off my truck at shop so they can begin to prep my new rear axle for install.

so its time to start clearing out my old stock. Located in SoCal - Escondido. Local pickup only.
Note* All items are used and have standard wear and tear of overland use. :)
I'll also be posting a copy in the for sale section.

More Pictures coming soon.

Available Now:
Stock Battery Tray and Stock tie down $8 (No J Bolt)

Stock Swaybar – Will need new bushings, approx 120K Miles $20 Firm

Old Man Emu 882 Coilovers with OME90004 - OME NITROCHARGER SPORT Front Struts
New $450
Apprx 35K Miles - Removed for Long Travel $75 Firm
When Removed:

Available in a few weeks:
2004 Tacoma Rear Axle w/Elocker 4.10 Stock Gearing, Differential Armor ($50) and Budbuilt Traction Bar ($445).
Approx 145K Miles, Fluid Changed every 25K, $550 Firm for everything

OME Dakkar Rear Springs for 1998-04 Toyota Tacoma + OME HD leaf + OME HD Greaseable Shackles
OME D6XL Extra Leaf Set For CS046 Rear Springs $55
OME Dakkar Rear Springs for 1998-04 Toyota Tacoma$600
OME GS12 Greasable HD Shackle Set $101
Approx 40K Miles – Removed for Long Travel $200 Firm for everything

Deaver Long AAL (Toyota Tundra/Tacoma 2.5" LIFT KIT + AAL)
Paid $95 – Will let go for $25
Approx 15K Miles
When new:

IMAG0399.jpg

Class 3 Low Profile Toyota Tacoma Hitch w/some rock rash. Great for towing, bike racks, beefing up and protecting the rear end. $75 Firm

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice upgrades. How you like the trac bar? I been thinking of getting one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zam15

Explorer
Nice upgrades. How you like the trac bar? I been thinking of getting one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worked good, got rid of most of the axle wrap, improved breaking and acceleration more than I thought it would. But I'm going with a new setup and the bracket it welded to the Tacoma axle so hopefully I can find someone interested in a full upgrade.

Zam15

Explorer
Now you'll NO excuse for this year's Baja trip.

Are you selling the Timbrens?

We'll see, not sure on the time frame right now, have to check out the build plan they laid out, trying to prep as much as possible, ARB locker should be in tomorrow for the 9". Timbrens are staying on the truck for now they work great but can have quite a kick, may switch to hydro bumps in the future.

Zam15

Explorer
Rear axle is getting prepped. Installing the ARB air locker and adding some differential armor. Everything is finally coming together.

Zam15

Explorer
You may have mentioned it, but I missed it - what vehicle is the axle from?

Custom axle from Currie off a Toyota race truck. Guy blew his engine after the first couple runs, thing has never even been painted. Curry Extreme Duty Housing, Race Case 9+, 35 Spline axles, Large bearing, Explorer Drilled rotors, Fully trussed.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Custom axle from Currie off a Toyota race truck. Guy blew his engine after the first couple runs, thing has never even been painted. Curry Extreme Duty Housing, Race Case 9+, 35 Spline axles, Large bearing, Explorer Drilled rotors, Fully trussed.

Thanks. That axle looks pretty sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle