Zerk Fitting broken or not?..

SquareLJ

Observer
I am pretty sure all Zerk fittings are supposed to have the little ball stop in them...right?..

photo_zps4d5dfc53.jpg

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Unless it is a different design it sure looks like it missed getting the check ball during the manufacturing process. I would jest replace it, they are cheap. Have you tried to see if compressed air can be forced back through it?
Darrell

olsen_karl

Adventurer
I remember having some zerks on Jeep swaybar disconnects (JKS brand, IIRC) that didn't have the check ball -- instead, they had little plastic caps that didn't stay put very well.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Unless it is a different design it sure looks like it missed getting the check ball during the manufacturing process. I would jest replace it, they are cheap. Have you tried to see if compressed air can be forced back through it?
Darrell

x2 and perfect advice from Darrell. If the spring/check is gone it is done, the greaseable pin is done. Not like it costs much to replace the zirk!

Cheers

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
Look inside the bolt when you get the Zerk removed. Make sure the ball and spring are not somewhere along the intended grease path.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yeah lots of zerks don't have check balls in them. Its the intended design. I have some on my truck work bed for the doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears